Review Highlights
Amazing experience!!

Great dive shop!! I planned on diving for one day but ended up doing six days of diving with them... read more

Reviewed 25 February 2020
johannamariam2019
via mobile
Amazing Diving

I dived with the shop for 4 days doing 8 dives. The shop is really good and some of the dive sites... read more

Reviewed 13 December 2019
Sam H

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me and my girlfriend visited Providencia in July 2014 and decided to dive with Felipe's, having heard great things about him and his centre from locals and other travellers. Top things about our experience:

- Great people. Felipe and his team were very professional, friendly and easy going.
- Good dives, with very healthy corals and marine life (plenty of grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, and loads of smaller, colourful fish).
- Relaxed atmosphere, but very professional. Between me and my girlfriend we have over 100 dives around the world, and we thought the team were great.
- Dive boat is anchored 30m offshore on the same beach as the dive centre, so easy access.
- Located in Agua Dulce, right near many hotels and posadas.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Brendan M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Dived 2 dives here. When we arrived to the dive center in the morning no one hardly said hi to us neither were they interested of our certificates. No one talked to us on the boat to the sites and introduction of the first dive was minimal.

On the dive, dive master killed several lion fishes to feed the sharks. Then when sharks got excited about the feeding and came "too close" they were poked with the harpoon. Also dive master tried to touch the sharks. Other wise the dive master was not at all interested in about our air supply, he once asked it and started ending the dive while we still had almost 100 bars left. Time before the second dive was short.

Intro about the second dive was as short as the previous one. On this dive we spend most of the time on "free water" near or little bit under 5 meters. Dive master did not asked about air supply or did not show that we should stay on the safety stop. On this moment we also had 100 bars left so the dive in general was very short.

In general the company could not care less about their customers. They charge 180 000 pesos for 2 dives but the dives were extremely short. No one was at all interested of us and when we thanked them, they hardly replied. Shame because without feeding, harrassing and poking the marine life diving here is wonderful. I wonder where these dive masters got their certificate if they even have any. Very unprofessional and risky. Would not ever go again with this company!

Date of experience: June 2014
16  Thank itikka2010
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Providence to get my open water PADI certification at Felipe Diving Center. Best experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Their equipment meets all needs and the sights we were taken to were amazing. It was my first time diving and such a positive experience that I can't wait to do it again. Look forward to going back to Providence to visit some of the other awesome diving sights Felipe knows.

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank SRL71
Reviewed 21 October 2013

all in all not a bad experience however the level of snorkling is 10 out 0f 10 only experienced people need apply...first time for my wife and she nearly drowned a couple of times...lost a flipper
and buddy demanded US$50..00 for replacement and you don't need to know what I told him...

Date of experience: November 2012
3  Thank elliott m
Reviewed 8 September 2013

the guides are so called relaxed / fun, but there is a price to pay. They don't have a noticeable attention for you or for safety procedures. To give you a few examples

- the first dive was a deep dive (30m or so). They didn't however check if I had an advanced PADI (or even a PADI certification at all). Just jump right in seems to be their motto.

- we were with 9 customers, one divemaster and one instructor. They did not split this group up, as you would expect, so the diving was more like a school trip

- they did not explain before going in we would stay together as one large group or who you should follow. Once beneath the surface, suddenly the divemaster goes one direction and the instructor the other direction. How should you follow? Go figure it out yourself!

- repeatedly the staff killed (star)fish and fed it to the reefsharks. Well, actually feeding is not correct. It was more toying around with the sharks. Everytime the shark tried to grab the bait, they pull it away untill the sharks lost interest and swam away. Then they leave the fish dead at the bottom of the sea. They did not do this once or twice, but about five times. And also poking around in general. This really irritated me.

- before going in they do not doublecheck your equipment, ask you if you're fine, etc.

All in all, they give you the feeling "hey, we're going to dive. You want to join? Sure. But don't think we are going to look after you". I have done about 50 dives in 5 countries. This was the worst diving school I have seen so far.

Oh, and the diving equipment is also substandard (leaking valves, no boots / open-heel fins, etc).Take my advice, go elsewhere. I am sure you will have a better experience.

Date of experience: August 2013