All reviews water park paradise island resident manager shopping mall mr roy huge building under one roof flight attendant pool side indoor waterpark largest building in the world amazing hotel f b food and beverage hotel pool rooms are beautiful i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is huge. A resort of sort. You'll need to get on a free buggy ride to your hotel block. I think 4 blocks - one shopping mall and three blocks of hotels rooms is built around a water park. And all this is covered within a glass dome.The Hotel have just about every facilities a tourist may need. Lounge, Business Centre with Internet Access,Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room,Restaurant,Swimming Pool.From the hotel balconies you have a full view of the water park.

We were there in a Ziuzhaigou tour group and stayed for one night only so we have little contact with the hotel staff. We have nothing unpleasant happened during our stay. The room is spacious and with first class furnishing. Sleep quality was great. Breakfast was a good spread of international standard unlike the other hotels during our trip which comprise the local rice porridge mostly..

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
CTUIC, General Manager at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are pleased to know that you had a good time when staying with us at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center!As you may already known our hotel is located in one of the world's largest standalone structures, and with the Paradise Water Park and two shopping malls together. Many guests choose our hotel because they could enjoy themselves from every aspect without even leaving the building. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our room facilities and various cuisines. We wish you have a pleasant trip in Jiuzhaigou and look forward to welcome you on your next stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. The hotel is unique and takes some time to get used to set-up. Basically trying to make a beach resort indoors - when you get that and realise it is not normal hotel it is enjoyable & not frustrating.

Hotel room is very big & high quality - downside is thin walls - neighbours had TV on in night & I had to call the Instant Service number - to be fair they fixed it as it went quiet quickly. Room did have a funny smell when entering that needs to be removed!

Breakfast is excellent. Swimming pool is superb, initially feels wierd walking through restaurant to swim, so have to remember 'beach resort' concept & it is OK. V new gym & very friendly lady at the gym.

Shopping Mall & Metro close by are v useful.

Look fwd to returning!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
CTUIC, General Manager at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed our food and facilities. It was our pleasure that we were able to provide you with a unique experience. To create a great guest love is our constant goal and we are always striving to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please do not hesitate to contact with us any time if we can be of assistance to you for your next stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

On our way to a vacation in jiuzhaiguo, We decided to stay 2 more days in the intercontinental global center because we really wanted to enjoy the water park.
It was a colossal disappointment. Most of the facilities have a height limit (140cm), so my 8 yo and 3 yo were not allowed on it. It was disappointing, but we could understand (Safety is safety). The unacceptable thing was that the facilities that WERE allowed for kids, were CLOSED. No reason. Just closed. This was unbelievable. We came all the way specially to this hotel only to find out that it's main attraction doesn't cater for kids.
I asked the hotel manager for their help. They said (how surprising) that it is operated by another contractor and they don't have any influence, but they will try to help. He was empathic and polite and indeed he called me back after 30 minutes to tell me that he spoke to the park management and that indeed the two facilities that are suitable for children will remain closed. One of them is under repair, and another is because it is too cold (???).
He asked if there's anything he could do, and offered us chocolates.
Are you kidding me? Our vacation is pretty much ruined and you are offering us chocolates? Needless to say that clearly this was not reported to a higher management level, though I made it clear how frustrated I was, as upon checkout, no one offered any compensation.

About the hotel itself, well, it is pretty typical Chinese 5 star hotel. It all looks good, shiny and flashy, but a small scratch of the surface reveals all the faults. For example, there is a glass wall separating the shower and the toilette. After the first shower, we sound out that the toilette floor is swamped with water. It means the glass wall is not properly isolated. So we had to throw a bunch of towels on the toilette floor every time we took a shower.
The breakfast lacked stuff that would cater to foreigner guests, such as butter, tomatoes, cold water, though the staff was extremely kind and helpful and did their best to provide missing items.

I could go on about other small things, but I assume that since this is a new hotel, maybe they'll improve their system.
But I cannot accept the fact that this hotel doesn't understand that most people would never go there if it wasn't for the water park. We would never have a reason to stay in this hotel if it wasn't for the water park.
The hotel does not take any responsibility for this. They don't see the connection. So my recommendation would be: check well before you go there with kids and make sure that everything is operational, otherwise you'll find yourself vacationing in a giant mall with very disappointed children.

Trip type: Travelled with family
CTUIC, General Manager at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center. Our hotel is nestled within one of the world‘s largest standalone structure - the New Century Global Center. It is designed as an indoor oceanic resort to provide our guests an ideal place for their vacation inside of the city. The Paradise Island Water Park is surrounded by the Hotel buildings, and all Hotel guests may enjoy the Water Park Facilities on a complimentary basis, however, the Paradise Island Water Park is not managed by the Hotel and unfortunately the Hotel has very little influence as to which equipment is undergoing maintenance. To create a Great Hotel Guests Love is our vision; we will strive to improve our service to provide our entire guest with an excellent experience while staying with us. Hope you have a very pleasant journey in Jiuzhaigou and we do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A huge hotel with a very big swimming pool and a water theme park so it is good for family vacation. So big we need to ride a shuttle from the reception to our room. Two big malls are also under the same roof. The service is good but not quite as good as the service I expected from an InterContinental Hotel. But the room and breakfast are great. But, when we were staying there, the AC in my room, and another one of my colleague's, did not work properly. Hope it is only because the hotel is new as I saw many of other rooms furniture were still wrapped in plastics...

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CTUIC, General Manager at InterContinental Chengdu Global Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Chengdu Global Center and share your valueable feedback. Our hotel is nestled within one of the world‘s largest standalone structure - the New Century Global Center. All of our guest have access to enjoy themselves in Paradise Island Water Park. Furthermore, Lotte Department Store and Global Mall is right next to us, which provides lots of convenience for our guest to have all kinds of entertainment. To create a Great Hotel Guests Love is our vision, you comments about room facilities have already been added in our quality improvement plan and will be continually followed up. I believe you will see the improvement when you returning next time.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Dear Managers, I am an expat who's been to a lot of 5 star hotels in China, I had a very bad experience with the performance of your hotel staff at the front desk, either they are constantly in PMS mood or they weren't trained for hospitality industry. On the day my husband and I checked at the front desk, the front desk staff greeted us with her head looking at the computer, when we said we like to check in, she answered with a sigh, so I asked if something went wrong, then she looked like she had awaken and begins with the check-in process. Our room is very comfortable and clean, the design is a matter of taste. ordering in room breakfast, or making any requests by phone was really a nightmare. The operator simply couldn't any questions without hanging up on me and returns my call in 5 minutes, this happened a few times, so I made a complaint to the staff about the need to improve their room service skills, she answered "I am just a staff who's not trained to handle a complaint, nor have the right to pass your comment to my manager!" I later on called the manager, Zhang was her name, and made the same complaint, she answered me by saying the way they handle their breakfast orders, is "As same as any 5 star hotels". I still can't believe these people actually work for Intercontinental group, your hotel staff dissapointed me.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and spending time to provide comments, only through which we are able to continuously improve our service and quality levels. I have read through your feedback in details and we will build it in our continuous quality improvement plan. You comments about the Front Office have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!