All reviews breakfast buffet star standard shower recess bed and pillows shopping area superior room western tastes steamed buns open the window excellent location china trip tour group chinese restaurant swimming pool desk english hardware
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Lovely hotel. Nice rooms, could do with a revamp, but spectacular position close to every thing. Trendy shopping area & restaurants in parallel street behind. Great breakfast buffet.Really quirky little Stationary & gift shops just across the road for gifts & items at local prices.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The foyer looks pretty good however we had to go through two fire doors to get to our wing and find our room. I think we were in the older part of the hotel. The room was the smallest we had on our visit to China. The bed was comfortable but the air conditioner did not work well. The street outside became very noisy about 4am. Carpets are a bit worn and bathroom had a light that did not work. Breakfast was quite ok. It is a popular tour group hotel so lots of other tourists here. The good thing was it was so close to everything. It was an easy walk downtown and to local shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

If try to think of the highlights then I struggle to find anything that I would not expect from a standard hotel. The lobby bar service was ok but the bar staff seemed to disappear on a regular basis making you want to go elsewhere for a drink. This isn’t a problem as the hotel is well located in an area with plenty of bars and restaurants.
In summary this an ok place if you need to be in this specific area.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed in this hotel on the 9th of April 2018. At check in we found the front desk area was in complete chaos. People came from all directions. The staff there were powerless to maintain any order and only responded to the loudest voices. And when it came to our turn, the lady who served us was unhelpful and rude. I noticed she wore a trainee tag. She would not accept my parents' passports as valid travel document unless they can show her their "green card". I explained to her that a Green Card is a status of residency in the US only. My parents are Australian permanent residents and we do not call that green card in Australia. She insisted that we show her the green card stating it was the policy of the Suzhou police department. I felt that she was simply reading from a script and did not understand what the policy means. My parents' passports were issued by the Chinese consulate in Melbourne and they used them to travel in many countries including other cities within China without any issues. It's just bazaar that a local police department can overrule travel documents issued by the government. Finally a more senior staff came to rescue. She photocopied the passports, forwarded to the police department and ask the lady to give us our rooms. She told us that she'd contact us if needed and we did not hear from her at all. We asked for 3 rooms close together as I was traveling with my parents and 2 other elderly relatives(all 80 plus years old). We were put in rooms on 3 different levels.(room 407, 503 and 700). I was simply happy to finally get our rooms but can't help thinking that the girl retaliated because I challenged her.

When I came to my room, the first thing that struck me was the condition. The carpet was old and filthy. There were plenty of dirty yellow marks on the tiled floor and walls in the bathroom. The furniture were aged, discoloured and peeling. And then it came to a long list of things that were faulty. My basin was completely blocked and I had to use the bathtub instead. The toilet wouldn't flush properly. The light switches on one side of the bed did not work. I couldn't be bothered to organise someone to fix all the problems since we've wasted enough time at the reception. And I seriously doubted their ability to fix things.

At check out we waited for a long time for someone to check the rooms before our deposit was refunded. It feels that the hotel did not trust its guests. While I was waiting, I helped out with English translation as there was only one girl who could speak the language and she was pulled left right and centre. An international hotel? You must be kidding!

The hotel is desperately in need of a full renovation. What's more disappointing is how unprofessional the staff were. Most of the girls at the front were trainees who didn't seems to know what they were doing. The standard is so low that there's no difference from a local hotel, only the charges are much higher. I felt that I paid 5 star price for 3 star facility and 1 star service. I would not use this hotel in the future and will cross the Wyndham brand name off my list.

Room tip: Don't stay in this hotel
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The Good:
- The location is pretty good, walking distance to the metro and a few sights in old town.
-Most comfortable bed during my one week in China.
- Within a block there was a Starbucks, HSBC bank, and mini mart.

The OK:
- Breakfast is clearly geared more toward Asian guests. That said there was fresh (peeled) fruit, fruit juice, pastries, and eggs that I was able to enjoy. Steamed buns were tasty too.
- The staff's english could be better, especially if they are calling this a 4+ star hotel.
- Overall I liked the room, but the desk looked pretty beat up.

The bad:
- Room was always hot. Needed to open the window for awhile before going to bed.
- Chinese restaurant on the 2nd floor is not geared toward westerners. I found maybe 3 things on the menu I thought I would enjoy... some chicken dish being one of them. Was mostly skin, bones and cartilage, and not much meat. I didn't enjoy it at all. There were a lot of other white folks that came in, looked at the menu and walked out.

Date of stay: March 2018