All reviews the executive lounge italian restaurant breakfast and happy hour nice hotel business trip different kinds lounge staff warm smile home away from home every morning laundry service tourist attractions high floor stayed here for nights comfortable bed breakfast buffet rooms are big
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I stayed in several hotels but one thing which makes this hotel Unique for me is, staff do Care about you. When you get in then you see staff welcome you with smile and few staff members are even more then others like Tanya and Chef Peter. Few other Managers and even people standing in front and helping you to get Taxi are friendly......Being a Muslim traveler it is always hard to get halal food in big hotels but Tanya arranged a special meat for me without asking and Chef Peter is always available to cook fresh dish with Halal meat on special request which helps me a lot....this is one reason but I also tell you I stayed in Hyatt on Bund Shanghai in same trip last week and they are 5 start hotel but trust me they not even gave a smile on my arrival.....concierge desk people don't even gave you full attention when you asked for some help....I say this hotel was much better in taking care of you compare to Hyatt....keep it up ....

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joseph B, General Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear ATIQ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay. It is really a pleasure to read your feedback and serves as a great motivation to all the team at Marriott Suzhou. Tanya our F&B Manager and Specialty Indian Chef Peter are two stand out members of the team, always looking for opportunity to go above and beyond expectation in service, thank you for your recognition to them and all our other ‘Brilliant Hosts’ who are committed to providing the best service.

We are all looking forward to your next visit to Suzhou and being you home away from home here at Marriott.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We have booked three rooms during the Chinese New Year for our extended family. When we arrived, we realized it is on the top of the highest building in the city of Suzhou. We got three rooms on the same floor, at least two were at the corner if I remember correctly. The view is just stunning, you can see the half of the city from the room. Each room has a different layout and also spacious.
The hotel is on the higher stories of the building, the build is just one block north to the municipal government campus, and to its northeast and northwest, in walking distance, there are two famous temples - Xi Yuan Si and Han Shan Si. Around the hotel is the mid-to-high-class resident community.
The public area of the hotel is also spacious and luxury. Staff are friendly and helpful. Facilities like gym and pool are well maintained. We are happy to have spent the time there and will definitely recommend to friends.

Room tip: Facing north would have better view of two temples and Hu Qiu tower in a distance.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear AboveToronto,

Thank you for choosing Marriott during your trip to Suzhou. It was great to read that you enjoyed the hotel and all the facilities. Our guest rooms start from the 29th floor giving rooms great views of city Suzhou to the East and the hills surrounding Taihu lake to the West. We are conveniently located for visiting local attractions, Han Shan Temple is definitely a must visit.

From all the team, thank you for your kind review, we all look forward to welcome you back to Marriott on your next trip to Suzhou.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

This location has been a home away from home the last year!

I can't say enough good things about the staff here. Sara, Susan, Tanya, Jade, Simon, Coco, Eric, Johnny, Livy, Yolanda, Emmy, Stanley, Only, and many more have always been very helpful.

The entire staff in the lounge as has been great and helpful when reserving the meeting room for after work meetings and the usual after work dinner and relax time. Happy hour and breakfast are good, and regular room service and restaurant items are available for order.

So far, this location has had one of the best gym and pool facilities I have used while traveling for work. There are plenty of stations in the gym and the pool is big enough for multiple people do laps in. And the sauna is very nice.

Unfortunately there isn't too much stuff to do close to the hotel, but cabs and the subway are easily available, so not a big concern.

One of the best things about this location is the internet service. They must be running their connection via Hong Kong since you can reach some of the social media sites that are normally blocked in China. I'm not a big social media person, but this can be helpful at times.

Date of stay: May 2016

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I am pleased to read you have made Marriott Suzhou your home away from home. The team members mentioned in your review are thrilled that you remember them and enjoyed reading your review. Your kind words really motivate them to continue providing the best service and being true Marriott ‘Brilliant Hosts’.

It’s great to read that you enjoyed and fully utilized all the hotel facilities and enjoyed our high speed internet which we have recently upgraded. On behalf of all the team, thank you for choosing Suzhou Marriott, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Every time I travel to Suzhou for business, I immediately book the Marriott. The executive lounge is pleasant in the morning with some good tasting food. The rooms are very nicely equipped and a fantastic size (I usually get upgraded to a suite with a separate seating area).

The lobby bar is open late, which is great because nothing else in the area is! The bartenders are extremely friendly and I love practicing my Mandarin with them.

Honestly, after a 20 hour travel day from the States, I actually look forward to getting to the Marriott to have a couple drinks and chat with the staff. I hope to visit again soon!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joseph B, General Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your loyal support and making Marriott Suzhou your home away from home. It’s really a pleasure to read your review especially in regards to the team at the lobby. They will be thrilled to read your feedback, I know they equally enjoy interacting with guests and creating a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, from all the team we look forward to welcome you back to Marriott on your next trip to Suzhou.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Yes, I realized that I had access to Facebook and Google etc once I got onto the hotel's wifi. Quite a pleasant surprise really.

Funny thing with the room was that the bathroom was a walk-in bathroom, from the entrance and through to the bedroom. There is another path that goes past the wardrobe outside the bathroom. But I still found the design weird. I had to close 2 doors when I want to go to the restroom (if I wasn't alone). One of the doors could not close (the one leading to the bedroom) as the previous occupant had opened the door too much (it is a sliding wooden door) that it has receded too much for me to pull out.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joseph B, General Manager at Suzhou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear highondrive,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us. We do have a number of categories and configurations within the hotel room inventory. Please do let us know on future stays if you wish to view another category of room so we can make a note of your preference. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and engineering teams so they can be extra vigilant on the details in the rooms. Your review is important to us as it lets us know what we do well and where we can improve which helps immensely in our quest to provide the best service and product.

Once again, thank you for choosing Marriott, we look forward to welcome you back on future trips to Suzhou.