“Hi Stewart, didn’t appreciate your service.”
Review of The Village Cafe

The Village Cafe
Ranked #228 of 1,114 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This chic but casual continental cafe epitomises the charm & sophistication of a 1930's Jazz Club - with a twist! Enjoy delicious Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon Drizzle, French grass fed Ribeye steak & fries,soups, salads pastas, plus homemade desserts. Bites includes chorizo in red wine & rosemary, mini burgers, arancini balls... And unavoidable "Bento Breakfast" from 8am till 11:30. Don't forget to try our delicious "Espresso Martini" and "Ginger Martini"!! On the first floor a new contemporary Strangefruit&Jam Portrait Art Gallery show casing Cambodian + International Artists. Our "BEATBOUTIQUE" is bringing international Djs every 2 months and Djs organising their famous Funky Fridays every Fridays with Djs venus and extended Happy Hours!!!
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Hi Stewart, this review is for you. You treated me poorly last night. Good luck with your business :) (Stewart is the owner of this business)

2  Thank Robert S

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This fine establishment came to my attention just 2 weeks ago. I stumbled across this little jewel of a restaurant whist on the obligatory TripAdvisor hunt for that special dining experience during my recent stay in Siem Reap. I was in essence looking for somewhere with good quality food and drinks to be consumed in copious quantities if in the humour in an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication and style. I am pleased to report that The Village Cafe ticked all the boxes. Better still (and to my great delight) it lacked the pretentiousness that some establishments posess in their attempts to provide good quality food in stylish and sophisticated surroundings.
Oh, from the moment of arrival at The Village Cafe I was charmed from the onset. When my companion and I were escorted to our table by the smiling waitress, I nearly swooned when I saw that perfect brown leather sofa that was present at our table just awaiting for one of our party to make themselves comfy on. On seeing my rapt expression my dining companion graciously stepped aside and watched with amusement as I allowed the brown leather sofa to envelope me...(again swoon!)
After settling at our table I began to soak in my surroundings, I quickly determined that this establishment had it all in spades, faultless ambiance, tastful decor and lovely jazzy playing tunes soothingly (not too loud) in the background. As our evening progressed we were rewarded with well prepared and well presented food by wonderfully attentive, efficient, good humored and patient staff (..go ninja’s) Even my rather curmudgeonly dining companion was won over very quickly. The highlights of the meal were the very tasty quattro bruschetta starter, the chorizo in red wine and the steak with pepper sauce.
Many thanks to all in the village cafe for a memorable evening, not forgetting the very sociable, entertaining and passionate owner of this fine establishment Stuart. It was one of the highlights of my trip to Siem Reap and I can say without exaggeration one of the most complete dining experiences I have had in a long time. I look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Love the music by the cool lady DJ tonight, smiley staff and french bistro ambience.
Easy stop after strolling around nice boutiques in Kandal Village (Hup Guan St.)...
Strangefruit & Jam Gallery upstairs, showing works of local artists. Airy simple artsy space, love it.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We easily imagine ourselves in an old French colonial bar/cafe. Jazz music playing, beautiful white table cloths and exemplary service.
The meals were excellent however I have found that there seems to be an over abundance of 5 star restaurants due to over zealous reviewers in Siem Reap. The pasta was excellent.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I came here with my boyfriend one night and there was a wonderful live jazz band. We ordered some appetizers, a salad and extra dirty martinis and they were perfect. The owner, DJ Strangefruit was there and he was very friendly as well as the Khmer staff. Needless to say, we will be back!