“Great food for a great cause”

Genevieve's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 924 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Genevieve's is a Khmer/Western restaurant in Siem Reap, located in Bamboo St. not far from Wat Damnak.At Genevieve's, we provide high quality food and service and have a commitment to contributing meaningfully to the community in Siem Reap.
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has been set up by an Australian man in memory of his wife. All the staff have come from the streets of Siem Reap and are given the opportunity to leant new skills in hospitality to enable them to improve their lifestyle.

The restaurant is very noisy and opens out on the the street. It does lack some ambience but the food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful.

The food is a mix on traditional and modern and there is a variety of foods to meet all tastes.

I had the tempura prawns which were very tasty and the tempura batter was light and crispy and followed with the chicken cakes. These were very spicy but were also very moorish and were popular by all who snuck a taste. Some of my friends had the traditional dishes and also enjoyed these very much.

The restaurant is very reasonably priced and I would recommend it if you were looking for a menu with a variety of choices.

The restaurant also supports an artisan workshop for people with disabilities. This is a great cause with great god to match. Definitely a must when looking for somewhere to dine in Siem Reap. You will need to book ahead but your hotel should be able to help with this.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We had a fantastic time at Genevieve's! The food is without exception delicious, the staff is super-friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed, and it is a place on a mission - not only to serve excellent food but also to make the world a better place. We will be back, thank you for a fantastic evening!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Our second visit in three nights stay in Siem Reap says it all. The food was excellent and the service attentive. The Australian beef used in the Lam lok and the steak was cooked to perfection and enjoyed by us all. We also enjoyed the squid starter on both nights washed down by the Mussel Bay Sauvignon blanc. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The staff were kind enough to squeeze me in although they were pretty much full. I had khmer curry and fried squid and they were tasty. The people kept coming as i waited for my food so you should book if you dont want to be disappointed

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Best Lac Loc we'd had in Cambodia, it's my favourite dish. They marinade the beef for 5/6 hours before cooking and I was amazed at the quality of the meat. I asked Phil how he could sell it for the price, he raised eyebrows and just told he was just so happy that I was enjoying it. Enough said..!!
I loved the menu, it was simple and concentrated on the best Cambodian dishes.

They help other projects localy with profits from the restaurant which is a brilliant gesture.