“Not for Red Wine Lovers, pass on this winery if you like good Cabernet or Merlot”
Review of LaBelle Winery

LaBelle Winery
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Amherst
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We received a gift certificate for this winery last Christmas and finally made it here. The property is very nice and they are starting to grow their own grapes. Since it is relatively new, they purchase their grapes from upstate New York but do make their wine here. We went on the guided tour of the facility and learned about the history, from start up to present day and plans for expansion. They have won some awards for their wines as well.
However our experience with their wines was not the greatest. My wife and I each started with the 5 wine sampler. They provide a wine menu and you check off five selections of wine you would like to taste. Since we both enjoy cabernets and merlot we tried all the reds. One tasted worse than the next. In addition they do not wash the glass out as they serve the sample wines. They just pour the next sample into the same glass, unheard of. Also, they have many fruity wines and I guess if you are a white wine person perhaps these can work for you. So we finish up at the bar and head on over to the store as we still have around $40 left on our gift card. My wife convinced me to purchase one bottle of red wine she tolerated and it was $17 and then we spent the rest on some seasonings because even for free, I was not going to drink any of their red wines.
Sorry to give a review like this, but felt I should let Red Wine Lovers know this is most likely not the place for you. The Restaurant looked very good with outdoor seating, people were very friendly, the grounds and building was very nice.

2  Thank Charlie G

Reviewed 16 August 2017

LaBelle is always a fun place to stop by for a wine tasting, and also has a restaurant there on site as well. They have a wide selection of wines, offering mostly fruit wines of varying levels of sweetness. You can select 5 or 10 of their wines, depending on which package you select. The strength is most definitely their fruit wines. Anthology, their blueberry port, is quite good, and there are always some new selections to check out.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is a wonderful place to visit for an afternoon. Take time to enjoy the grounds (even more special around harvest time), view the gallery inside and take time to browse the small shop. If you are so inclined, they offer wine tasting and have a board on-site with indoor and outside seating. You can also arrange to have a tour. Highly recommend!

MichelleT1234, Manager at LaBelle Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear hjbjd,

Thank you for sharing your LaBelle experience! As you mention it's a great time to visit LaBelle Winery as the vineyards are lush, awaiting next month's harvest. The Gallery at LaBelle Winery changes quarterly and is represented by the finest NH artists. A must see while visiting. It's fun to view the art while enjoying LaBelle Wine. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Had heard of La Belle Winery from friends. Brought my sister from the Napa Valley area out for lunch there. What a nice complete package. We started with a wine tasting, where the owner stopped by to greet us. Walked around the grounds (beautiful, not much to offer yet but has potential...hopefully B & B will be up and running in the next few years) Watched another owner processing blueberries ..all the staff pleasant and knowledgable. Lunch was great, with plenty of options. Sandwiches, decadent meals & small bites. Cannot forget the TATER TOTS! a MUST HAVE!!!! My coffee ( I was D.D. after tastings) was served in a personal coffee press. Each meal at our table and around us was consumed happily. I will return again and again...there is also entertainment so I may possibly get up there with the hubby too. It was worth the trip from Boston and my sister adored it too.

MichelleT1234, Manager at LaBelle Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Sabena B. Thank you for visiting LaBelle Winery. We're pleased you and your sister enjoyed the LaBelle experience! It's our goal to make every visit to LaBelle Winery a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon, perhaps for Music Thursday which is such an enjoyable program at LaBelle! Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and visited on a hot summer - a trip we've been meaning to do for many years and are so glad we finally did. Excellent wine tasting (average pricing based on others I've experienced) and all 5 wines sampled were outstanding. We went on the self-guided tour (guided tours at weekends only) and we met Cesar, co-owner with his wife. He was charming, extremely friendly and very knowledgeable and passionate about his business. We had lunch with different wines, which was very good and reasonably priced for the quality. All wait staff were friendly and efficient and our waitress (Abby) was excellent. My only (slight) negatives - it was a hot day but, although we were the first to reserve a table, we were the only guests who had no shade. In addition, we had the excellent specialty burgers which incorporated mushrooms in the patty - but where was the Seyval Wine Bearnaise Sauce? We will definitely return and will be sure to let our wine-loving friends know about this lovely winery.