5,213 results
All reviews skyview bar afternoon tea panoramic suite rolls royce bab al yam hermes toiletries culinary flight personal butler iconic hotel luxurious hotel butler service pillow menu jumeirah beach hotel floor to ceiling windows birthday cake pure luxury our honeymoon
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Simply put, our experience we had in Burj Al Arab was epic.

For us it was the first time to stay over at the Burj Al Arab so of course, a lot of expectations were built up before the arrival at the hotel. We knew we were going to the only 7-star hotel in the world and knew that the Burj Al Arab is a truly iconic hotel.
In summary, our expectations were exceeded. For us, probably the best way to describe our experience at the Burj Al Arab is to use our son’s word: “epic”. I think it best describes the hotel and the experience with one word. Amazing and outstanding is not enough.

The quality of the service, the degree of empathy of the team, the selection and quality of food (in particular at the Scape restaurant), and not least the uber-luxurious rooms (including the incredible bathrooms with Hermes amenities) are top, full stop.

The new Burj Al Arab terrace is brilliant, not only from the conception but all the way to the execution into the tiniest details. This terrace with the two stunning pools, one of them with a bar in the middle, flanked by the amazing cabanas sets a new standard in Dubai and probably in the world. The cabanas that you have built on the side of terrace are the cherry on the cake. The whole is just wow!

An immense thank you to you and your team for what we were able to experience - we consider our experience unforgettable. It was very difficult to leave the hotel after our experience, but we said to ourselves that we will come back and experience this again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels I can conclude today experimentally because this hotel is amazing! What kind of service they provide me was speechless if you're travelling to Dubai and kind of you want to spend money on hotels and luxury I recommend you to please invest your money in this hotel for a night which is kind of expensive but it's equally worth you live for a night

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Perhaps I'm not cut out for a life of luxury, but I found the entire Burj experience to be a bit over the top. I also found the staff to be overbearing and outright rude in some instances.

I'll clarify that our butler and check-in/out staff were amazing. They attended to everything we needed without being intrusive, and they were very helpful. What I didn't care for was having to explain to the staff every time I came out of the elevator that yes, I am a guest, and provide my room number. I didn't like that every step I took around the pool area I had to explain that yes, I am a guest and provide my room number. I didn't pay $$$$ to stay here to feel like an intruder every time I set foot in a common area.

At one point we tried to go to the Skybar to have a drink and the woman at the elevator actually scoffed at us. How dare we assume that because we're guests in a hotel we paid a fortune for that we'd have access to something like the hotel bar?! Apparently, even hotel guests need a reservation, so if you want to have a drink on the night of your arrival you'd better make reservations in advance. Instead we had drinks and shisha at the pool bar with no scoffing or hassle.

We sat in a line of traffic for over 20 min to give our name to the gatekeeper just to be allowed to drive onto the property. I suppose features like this make some people feel exclusive, but I found it to be a big turnoff right from the start.

The lobby is the most impressive part of the hotel. The room was nice, but way over the top. I really don't need remote-controlled curtains and door openers, but the novelty was fun. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The high-end toiletries, wine and other treats were a welcomed benefit, but wouldn't convince me to stay here again.

All in all, I feel like I paid for the Burj name and an air of superiority from a large percentage of the hotel staff. Next time I will spend my money at a hotel that doesn't make me feel below them.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Anthony_McHale, General Manager at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your valued review. We're disappointed to hear that your experience didn't meet your expectations, especially as we take pride in making sure each and every one of our guests feel welcome and relaxed during their stay with us. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the team here and we would really welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to Burj Al Arab in the future.

Best regards,
Anthony McHale

Reviewed 21 September 2016

You cannot get in the Burj Al-Arab Hotel if you are not a hotel guest or don't have an appointment to the Tea House.

We can get near it only through the entrance near the Wadi Water Park. Some suggest to take the Ferry boat or the yellow boat to take pictures around it.

The building is really an architectural and engineering wonder.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank jundavid0908
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I visited Burj Al Arab on Saturday night. We went for drinks at the sky view bar. Our hotel made a reservation for us and you have to show the paperwork at the guard at the gate to be admitted just into the massive driveway. I was totally blown away as the taxi drove down the long entrance road. The Burj al Arab stood in front of us reaching to the sky. A massive sail shape lit with highlight blue lights. On entering the beautiful front doors we were faced with glass walls from floor to ceiling filled with tropical fish and fountains with shooting waterfalls. It was like a story book. We were then shown into an upper lift taking us to the 124 floor in a speed of 5 mins. On entering the sky view bar and lounge I felt like I was in a boat. The amazing night light views was incredible. The hotel is very expensive but one of the best experiences I've ever had. If in Dubai it is definitely worth a visit something you'll never forget. But remember you have to make a reservation first.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family