“A Must Dining Experience”
Review of Jun's

Jun's
Reserve a table
Mon, 24/06
20:00
Ranked #1,388 of 13,850 Restaurants in Dubai
Description: MENA's 50 Best I Michelin Guide I Gault & Millau 1 Toque Set against the backdrop of the glistening Boulevard and its suave architecture, Jun's serves Progressive food inspired by Asian American flavours, the freshest ingredients, and carefully crafted cocktails at our fully licensed bar taking guests on a voyage through the world all while dining with views of the Burj Khalifa.
Reviewed 22 November 2023

My friend and I met for dinner one evening and had a quite enjoyable experience. We were able to be seated outside with Burj views - this definitely added to the experience. The starters and mains were full of flavor and of decent portion size. I stuck with the jalapeno waygu burger - it's so good! The menu has a variety of options from meat to fish so you can't go wrong. Definitely make a reservation and enjoy your dining experience!

Date of visit: May 2023

Reviewed 26 October 2023

We came during the “special event” night with “Chef’s night out” on October 16 to celebrate my husband’s birthday. I whatsapped with the restaurant BEFORE paying 838 AED for 2 people for the tasting menu, and asked them if it makes sense to come being pregnant and allergic to shellfish. They confirmed to me multiple times it was manageable and I booked it. On arrival I reminded them, I was pregnant with allergies and they reassured me again they were aware.

1. On arrival, we waited long for the food. My husband received 2 courses (I could not have any for my allergies) and I watched him eat alone. I think most of the meal we spent watching each other eat alone.
2. After mentioning to the serving staff that I had yet to eat anything not even bread, they brought me a dish with foie gras - something pregnant women cannot have - the server came back and insisted from the kitchen I could eat it. After insisting I would not eat it, they finally brought me the same dish - minus the foie gras - cold grits.
3. I asked for the manager and raised my concern that I was being given food without considering my dietary restrictions, who promised to come back to me with a clear menu of the next 4-5 courses. He never came back.
4. Received a dish from one server who did not explain to me what was inside the dumpling but said it was made especially for me. When I asked another server what was inside after taking one bite - he told me - it was shellfish!!!! He had to go back to the kitchen to clarify again! Turned out it wasn’t but he sent me into panic mode - thinking we had to leave to go to emergency.
5. I finally received 3 dishes at once simultaneously so had to eat all in a hurry. By then, I was exhausted from trying to get decent service as we were still not clear what I was eating as the service staff was not clear about anything they were serving me.
6. We waited 20 minutes for dessert and then again for the bill and by then just wanted to leave after a terrible 2 hours.

We never received a single apology from management, even if the serving staff could clearly see I was crying during the meal because of the dismal service and experience ruining my husbands birthday celebration. One just kept trying to upsell us cocktails. Did I mention the manager never came back?

We payed almost 1000 dirhams all together for this meal and it was one of the worst executed experiences of my life. The lack of service or consideration was unprofessional. We had been to Juns 4x during my pregnancy (bringing different friends) and had a positive experience but I felt I wasted 1000 dirhams and my husbands birthday celebration on such a bad experience.

Not sure we will be back anymore after such customer service. Nor will we recommend any of our friends ever again.

Reviewed 9 October 2023

My partner and I went for dinner at Jun's on the last night of our trip to Dubai and we found it to be a great, lively spot. The room was buzzing, the service was great and the food was amazing. It was a Saturday night and they had a DJ playing hip hop - for some, it could have been considered as a bit loud, but for us it helped great a great, lively vibe. We had a few of the small dishses to share and then a main each - all of them were fantastic. A special mention for some of their bespoke cocktails, we really enjoyed them. Overall, the price was reasonable and we would definietly eat at Jun's again the next time we're in Dubai.

Reviewed 3 October 2023 via mobile

Not had such a great unusual meal in a while!

The food was great 😊 I will let the pictures do the talking…what they made out of water melon was just amazing! And that baked Alaska not for getting the great cocktails!

Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

Absolutely amazing well curated mix taste dishes.

Some Indian and rather regular dishes of seafood and red meat which one would assume to have a peculiar particular taste, were altered with mesmerizing variable tastes to the pallette.

Amazing service..they not only serve the dishes but also explained the mix, the tastes, the composition of each dish.

A truly amazing night of music drinks and wow food

Date of visit: September 2023