All reviews heritage room buddhist temple swimming pool french girl beautiful heritage free bicycles tuk tuk a ground floor room lovely hotel hotel is located minute walk sitting area nice garden first floor i highly recommend this hotel pleasant stay yogurt
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Definitively recommend this hotel for staying in Luang Prabang. Very nice and comfortable rooms, large enough. The overall atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Great care is taken for the green areas. There is a pool, breakfast is taken on a terrace outside and there is the possibility to have massage. Staff is very friendly and helpful. 15 min walking distance to downtown. We enjoyed very much our stay there!

Date of stay: November 2018
SaitaK1, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Maydou, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Dear Damien,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Villa Maydou.
We are very happy to read your review and note that you truly recommend our hotel.
All the team join me to thank you once again.
We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Villa Maydou.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2018

As a family of 5, with 2 infants, I was finding it very difficult to find a hotel in Luang Prabang that would give us the comfort, convenience and space that we needed (without spending a fortune on 2 rooms). Enter Villa Maydou.

We stayed for 4 nights in Maison Houng Chanh, the 3 bed house, and it was perfect.
We were the first guests to stay in the newly renovated house, so I was expecting some teething problems, but instead I am left feeling highly satisfied.

The rooms are spacious and well decorated throughout. The terrace area with outdoor kitchen, seating area and private pool is a real highlight. Most importantly, the service was excellent - particularly Saita who was exceptional, she responded quickly to communications prior tot he stay, gave us a very warm welcome on arrival and continued to be highly efficient for the duration of our stay.

We had 2 great massages too!

The only downside was thew restaurant. There was no childrens menu and the vegetarian options were lacking. Having said that, the chef did alter a dish to make in vegetarian on my request and I passed on the feedback about the childrens menu and should think this will be taken on board.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Donna Duckworth,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind words about our new independant house Maison Houng Chanh.
It was a real pleasure to have you as our first guest in Maison Houng Chanh.

All the team join me in order to thank you and we do hope to welcome you and your family again for a next travel in Luang Prabang.

As we talked on your departure we have well note the advice regarding the Children menu and we are already working on it as well as the vegetarian options available on request.

I wish you all the best,

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed all aspects of our stay at Villa Maydou.  The staff is friendly and tended to all our needs.  We were concerned about staying in historic buildings, but everything was maintained.  The included breakfast was tasty. The location is close enough to the sites, yet still relaxing and quiet.  As for the rooms and grounds, the pool, bar, and greenry make it easy to just want to stay and enjoy the hotel.  It might be higher priced, but it is was worth it.  The rooms are spacious and include a bathtub.  We stayed five nights and all days were pleasant.  If we come back, we will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
SaitaK1, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Maydou, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Ignacio Jimenez,

We were pleased to have you with your family at Villa Maydou.
It was a pleasure to serve you and we would be pleased to do it again the next time you come in Luang Prabang.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in August for 4 nights with our children 11 and 14. We had two rooms on the ground floor at the buildings at the pool. Rooms were spacious and clean. Great bed. The pool is nice to have a swim although no easy step to get in so for small children not suitable. There are not many beds around the pool so on sunny afternoon which is more wanted for during rainy season the beds get taken quickly. Great to use bikes to peddle into the centre. 5 min to get to the bazaar and main street. Breakfast is good with great banana cake.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Saita K, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Maydou, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read your feedback and see that you enjoyed your stay with us at Villa Maydou.
We hope to see you and your family again with for a next stay in Luang Prabang.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Maydou for two nights in one of the beautiful heritage buildings. It was a wonderful atmospheric room - personally I would prefer to stay in a characterful room with squeaky floorboards than a boring modern box.

The hotel was incredibly clean, the pool perfect, the breakfast was fantastic with great service and all the staff were incredibly kind and helpful.

Being right next to a temple was also a privilege- where else in the world does that happen I wonder?

Overall I think this is probably the best hotel I’ve stayed in in Asia and I can’t wait to go back.

One small thing was that the aircon machine dripped a bit in our room.

Other than that, 10/10!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Saita K, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Maydou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Beetrootlover,

I would like to thank you very much for this wonderful review of yours about our Villa Maydou.
We are pleased to hear your kind comments about our surroundings, staff service and quality of our Heritage World Unesco Hotel.
It certainly is inspiring when a valued guest such as yourself shares a very pleasant review about Villa Maydou and her concept. It is great to see that you liked the fact you have the opportunity to sleep in classify houses near by a living temple Wat Meuna.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Villa Maydou,

I wish you a very pleasant day,