All reviews mekong river grand villa royal residence living room old palace main temple night market monks pass beautiful hotel morning alms the hotel staff sitting area in town couple of nights breakfast was excellent rooms are spacious wonderful stay
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Room and hotel are very well presented. Service is very good. Our balcony overlooked the road with the river beyond it. The staff placed little gifts on our bed before we returned, which was a lovely touch.

I would have liked some focus on being eco friendly- no indication that we could reuse towels. The products supplied in the bathroom were L'occitane- which my husband loved. It would be nice to offer some locally produced products as well to support local people.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yas H
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Staff attentive with being intrusive, made up the bed in the evening and left little gifts. Lovely spacious room with a daily free beer in the fridge, just what you needed on the your return. Hotel ideally situated, walking distance from everywhere. Lovely food, would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I'm just about to check out of this hotel having stayed for the past two nights and its beautiful. Being the site of the old Palace (hence the name) the rooms and suites are incredible for an affordable price. My suite also included a jacuzzi, everything in thw minibar was complimentary, a large bathtub and shower, stunning view over the resort and each night I got personal touches left on the bed enlightening me to Laoation culture. Being a UNESCO world heritage site there isn't a pool however with day trips out to the surrounding waterfalls its not required. The spa on premise has a selection of massages avaliable and its within walking distance to the main street and attractions such as night markets. The staff on arrival were friendly and helped me change USD to Kip and provided me with a map as shown which even included some local phrases.
The only reasons I give this hotel a 4 not a 5 is that the room service menu doesn't have a large selection, however with amazing restaurants around the corner it's possibly not necessary. And secondly the wifi in my suite was terrible, i had to sit right in the corner of my balcony to use it but LP is situated in the middle of a mountain range so just expect the wifi may be like this in any hotel in the area. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Amieamieamie
Victoria_Xiengthong, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Glynn F,

Sabaidee and warmest greetings from Luang Prabang!

Thank you so much for your kind review regarding your last stay in our lovely property of Luang Prabang!

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We decided on Xieng thong palace as it was within walking distance to all the action. We found that the hotels close to the city did not have pools so decided on getting the xienthong suite at Victoria which had a spa we cooled off in in the afternoons.
There was a wide spread of options during breakfast and reception was always hospitable. They helped us organise transport to the waterfalls and even complimentary transfers to/from the airport!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Victoria_Xiengthong, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear SydneyMumsie,

Sabaidee and warmest greetings from Luang Prabang!

We are proud to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you gave us 5 star on this website.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here two nights. Large property, nice updated bathrooms and very clean rooms! Staff is friendly, location is easy for walking around town. Very quiet, we rarely saw another guest, so if you’re looking to socialize I wouldn’t suggest it. But our stay was very comfortable!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Victoria_Xiengthong, General Manager at Victoria Xiengthong Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Glynn F,