All reviews french colonial style organic garden la belle epoque main building tuk tuk beautiful property in town colonial feel turn down service huge bathroom four poster bed lush gardens beautiful pool rooms are spacious overlooking the garden the general manager each evening
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Sigh. This review is overdue because every time I thought about writing it, I became depressed that I wasn't there right now.

From the moment I entered the hotel, I felt calm and relaxed and happy. I'd spent a few nights at another hotel right in the center of town but I wanted some R&R, pampering and pool time. This was the right place. It was low season and the hotel was relatively empty so it was peaceful and quiet.

The rooms and all the common areas are gorgeous. I loved the nightly gifts on my bed - my clay elephant sits on my desk to remind me daily that I work to travel.

This is one of those special hotels that does everything right but also gives you that elusive sense of place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank elynchking
Theluangsayresidence, General Manager at The Luang Say Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear elynchking,

Thank you very much for finally taking time to share your experience after having stayed with us at The Luang Say Residence.
Please let us tell you in return the way we love your review as it is always very rewarding and encouraging to receive such positive feedback.
We are actually glad you felt Calm,Relax and Happy in our Residence and would love to welcome you back.
So get back to work and plan your next trip)

Sincerely yours,

Julien Otzenberger

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This is a wonderful hotel. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to couples, honeymooners, families with small children or teenagers, in fact, it is perfect for everybody.
The standards are very high and the rooms impeccably clean, the restaurant wonderfully run with delicious food, the pool beautiful and bars equally well run with fantastic service overall.
All staff is extremely pleasant and helpful, I was blown away by the incredible standards all round.
The rooms are large, have fresh fruit baskets, luscious bathrobes and slippers, a nice private balcony and the beds are very soft and comfortable. There are 4 rooms per 'house' and the houses are situated in beautiful serene gardens.
There are hotel bikes which guests may use free of charge and a shuttle bus which can take guests into the town centre. We visited in the low season so the shuttle bus even took us on non scheduled times, a courtesy of the hotel. The bike ride into the town is pleasant and only takes about 10-15 mins, depending on how confident/ fast you are on a bike. Roads are safe and fairly quiet which makes for a pleasant bike ride.
We part took in the 5:30am Alms Giving in the town and the hotel accommodated us by arranging Alms baskets and transport to the appropriate street and back, after which we enjoyed a delightful breakfast. The food; breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner, is delicious and surpassed all expectations. In fact, that was really the general feeling of this hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

A huge thank you to all staff, compliments to management and if I could rate this place higher than 5 stars I certainly would!

Stayed: August 2018
Francis F, Manager at The Luang Say Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Saskia H, Many thanks for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The Luang Say Residence. It is however always refreshing to receive positive comments about our helpful staffs, our beautiful colonial property and our food and services. I will share your comments with my staff, which will motivate them to strive for more perfection.
Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Francis.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We stayed a few nights in the Luang Say Residence and enjoyed every bit of it with a real sense of luxury comfort and relaxation. Everything is about the right balance between beauty and luxury, nice architecture and surrounding nature: the extraordinary setting amidst a lush tropical garden a few meters away from the city center, the french style colonial main building with terraces, the smaller buildings where we stayed overlooking the palm trees and the large swimming pool. We stayed in a small colonial bedroom, large enough to rest with peace and comfort and bathrooms are nicely fitted. Last comment is about how well we have been hosted: the hotel manager and staff are very helpful, well trained and above all, will make you feel at home to enjoy this experience in the best possible way.

Room Tip: 1st floor in the colonial buildings
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Francis F, Manager at The Luang Say Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear hesc, It was a pleasure having you stayed with us recently and I would like to thank you for taking your time to review The Luang Say Residence on TripAdvisor.
Thank you also for your kind note on our helpful staffs, our colonial rooms, and swimming pool, happy to know we made you feel at home. I will share your comments with my staffs which will motivate them to strive for more perfection.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Francis.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We loved staying at the Luang Say Residence. It has all the luxuries of a top hotel with the charm and personal touch of a boutique bed & breakfast. Felt like a sanctuary but still close enough to the main street. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Francis F, Manager at The Luang Say Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear ReneeStella, Thanks for taking the time to review your experience after staying with us at The Luang Say Residence.
We highly appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Francis Fernandes
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

French style residence in colonial style takes you back in time like Scarlett O’hara. The best part of the residence is the swimmingpool and terrace with beautiful designed bar outside and lovely garden. Wonderful breakfast, good for dinner as well. If there was a minus it would be that it is a little far from the centre of Luang Prabang but the hotel offers a shuttle service at certain times a day. Peaceful colonial style residence that lets you unwind in a quiet atmosphere. Hospitality everywhere. Great stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear giseladagmar, Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Luang Say Residence and for taking the precious time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.It is indeed great pleasure for us to receive such positive feedback on our colonial style residence, breakfast, swimming pool and our hospitality.
Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Francis Fernandes