“Shockingly good Italian ”

Restaurant Pinocchio
Ranked #7 of 210 Restaurants in Pristina
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Being snobby Italian food eaters we were very apprehensive about eating Italian in Kosovo. The restaurant did not disappoint!

FOOD:
Gnocchi: very good
Fungi: excellent
Raviolis: very good.

WINE:
Decent

VIEWS:
One of the best in Kosovo overlooking the mountains.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The view from the balcony here is lovely. You look out to the mountains and over the houses.
I had seafood ravioli, it was good. They bring you warm bread to start with cheese, dip and garlic in oil. Very nice. Nice Chardonnay also. Good place to eat.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I had eaten here before and I was not disappointed. The friendly efficient service could not be faulted and the food, well I couldn't fault that either. The veal liver in a balsamic sauce was extraordinarily good as was my colleagues lasagne.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I had only a day in Pristina so I read up on the blogs for the best restaurant and Liburnia popped up on several sites and was recommended by my tour guide as well.

However, I couldn’t eat my main course as their best main course as recommended by the waiter- grilled veal, was tougher than old boots!

Seeing Pinocchio on Culture Trip saved my day. Even though I was half full from the soup and sidings at Liburnia, I tried Pinocchio’s beef soup and walnut and honey pancakes.

After ordering, piping hot pizza bread with 3 kinds of toppings (herbed butter, yogurt and onion olive oil) was promptly served. This is to die for, melt in your mouth goodness and it seemed as if I had inhaled the whole bread basket, it was that good, even if I was on a no carb diet. I didn’t know where to put the beef soup but again it was so good, I finished every drop. And then the pancakes, worth every calorie. Service was fast and could not be faulted in any way.

Whoever owns this should be so proud. Everyone we met there loved what they were doing, from the spotless wash rooms to the well appointed tables, their care showed through. Seems they also have rooms and should I pass Pristina again, I’ll be sure to book and stay there just to sample everything. Oh, and another bonus : the wonderful view of the town from up high as it is quite high up even if a short 15 minute walk to the town square. Great parking too.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Very helpful and cheerful staff. Moderate pricing. Delicious food. Woody ambience. Steak recommended.