“Superb”

Verdi bar&restaurant
Ranked #18 of 257 Restaurants in Yalta
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

We went for a March 8 family dinner so an assorted group of 6 to 70 yo. The dinner was wonderful. I was a bit wary having read the reviews... our experience was outstanding. The restaurant suggested we order cold starters in advance given that was a busy night. We showed up a few min early and were seated immediately and the starters were served in about 10 while we were enjoying our drinks - including complimentary sparkling wine for the ladies. Our waiter Svetlana was superb, very attentive and thoughtful. Yes, prices are steep but not outrageous. We paid exactly the same price for a bottle of wine that a cafe downtown charged us the night before for the same brand - I took a note. There is a children’s menu but our youngest went for a 4 cheese pizza which was excellent.

Overall, a lovely dinner and tremendous food. Of course we all ate too much )

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (255)

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

We were impressed by interior and view from the restaurant and reserved table with a view for dinner. Then it began:
1. Upon arrival the staff didn’t find the reservation and offered us table in the middle of the terrace, not the one we booked;
2. We had to wait nearly forever for our waiter Kristina and always had to ask other waiters to find her. No grant of attention to guests at all;
3. Apart from courses we ordered wine and water and had to wait for it at least 15 mins! Such type of restaurants normally serves wine and water right after order so guests can relax and prepare to enjoy the course;
4. We waited forever for each course and then were stupid enough to order desserts and spend one more hour waiting for it

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Were guests of this restaurant. We ordered vodka absolute. Acetone liquid was brought from a local bottle. For the whole evening, the waiter pleased us twice with his presence. To put it mildly, they were shocked by the service and quality. I do not recommend!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 12 August 2019

A beautiful location on the front in Yalta for this newish restaurant. Staff were helpful and when their credit card machine broke down were trusting enough to let us return to our hotel and sort out payment the next day. My husband's steak was excellent, a good option for a romantic dinner.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I was in Yalta for my 21st birthday and had my celebration here, and it was fantastic! I had the salmon seviche with pumpkin sorbet and grapefruit sauce as a starter, and my main was the flounder. I was very impressed by the quality of the food, it really reminded me of the gourmet meals I have had in Chicago or Paris. The only downside was that the wine was more expensive that I was expecting, even the local Crimean wines were minimum 2000 rubles, but otherwise the wine was fantastic. The service was also very good, and the waiter was very nice to take a picture of my friends and I together. All in all a great experience. I recommend it!

Date of visit: March 2018