“Stay at large”

Van Gogh
Ranked #12 of 255 Restaurants in Yalta
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Impressions about the property from season to season are accompanied by excellent epithets, whether it is a food, fancy chefs or service and the hospitality of the staff. Talking about this cafe is hard to shake the feeling that its main advantages over the long and well-known, and it can only be of updates to the season of 2013. Yet. When a foodie hears about Mediterranean cuisine, in his mind immediately are olive, cheese and pasta, dry wine, grilled meat, lots of fresh herbs, freshly caught fish and mussels - all the best that can give a sun-filled land of southern Europe. Here, in Yalta, Massandra on the beach, a small island located in the Mediterranean Ukraine, and his name - a beach café Van Gogh. Our pride - meze of meats (seafood?) Will become the undisputed hit of the season in 2013, the same as on the banks of the Greek archipelago or the cozy tavernas. And at the end of the season we will introduce you to the festival figs, the oldest cultivated plant on the planet, and a variety of dishes with his participation. This summer, we offer you traditional farm fresh salads, tender meat, crispy pizzas, premium desserts. Selection of drinks and bartenders art will complement the atmosphere of calm and relaxation, and the sound of the surf at arm will complete the picture. We do not have "walk-through" of food and snacks, our every dish - a small masterpiece. We hope that you will appreciate the skill of the team Van Gogh. There is nothing to prevent you to have a good time, and we - we'll do our best to get you back here! We would be happy to tell you about each dish cafe van Gogh, but is it dry lines of text can convey aroma of freshly baked bread, freshly fried steak, olive oil and herbs, baked mussels,
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We waited more than one our a dish of midi.. Sesshells.. For everybody. When they arrived the were cold.. Uneatable.. We left.. Pay attention.. Most probably frozen good not well done.. I really cannot recommend.. Seems cool but it s not.. I would stsy at large

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (734)

Reviewed 17 September 2020

Don't know where to start, waiter bring me glass of white wine almost room temperature because it was standing 15 minutes on counter, than instead to apologies he start saying how he is busy and can not handle everything. But that is not the end. Our food instead to come course by course come everything at the same time, so my soop and muscle coming on table at the same time, my wife at least order salad and grilled brie so salad can not get cold, anyway food wast hot, it was barely warm. Rating from 1 to 5 I give 2, only because bottle of San pelegrino was cold when arrive on table. Disappointed

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 9 September 2019

The restaurant is indeed located in the middle of the Massandra beach - the fact that normally means tastless food. Fortunately it is not the case and you can enjoy both the food and the nice view of the sea - what else to dream about?

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank LeonidVic
Reviewed 29 March 2019

We stopped for a lunch and enjoyed our visit a lot! Shady place, nice design, very polite and professional service and food was tasty and beautifully arranged! The sea view definitely added to our visit! Little bit narrow walks between tables...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Van Gogh is located somewhere in the middle point of the Massandra Beach (at Cuban beach). This cafe/restaurant is one of a few places open during winter - when I went only two establishments were open.

During the summer the beach is filled with tourists as well as locals but in winter time they are more locals.

This time I went to Van Gogh for coffee during the photo shooting in the beach. (Summer time I come here for beer with friends sitting outside.) Coffee is good. The cafe/restaurant has solid foods and drinks menu and normally one would not have a problem to make his/her choice. Although I did not eat this time, food here is good - Mediterranean they say (to me, more European). They have fish menu - both starters & main dishes. Although they have good wine selection and offer Crimean wine their beer selection not... (where are the Crimean beer!!)

Staff is attentive and friendly (as usual); Identically and well decorated (inside & outside) and cozy!! Price-wise, middle to high though I do not think Van Gogh is pricey..

I will be back again to Van Gogh when I will be around in Massandra beach.

Date of visit: January 2018