Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$78
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$63
View deal
ExpediaUS$74
Trip.com
FindHotelUS$63
All reviews central park excellent things stay there again included breakfast rooftop block arch
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

The roof top is fantastic and very enjoyable to have breakfast or work (as I did, see picture!)

The hotel is charming and very well located in the center of town.

The staff is nice - good if you speak Spanish m.

I stayed in 2 different rooms. One was a little outdated, the other one was bigger and had a renovated bathroom- the second one was definitely better :-)

I would stay there again. Good value/quality.

Date of stay: May 2021
El Carmen Hotels, General Manager at El Carmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2021

Reviewed 9 May 2021

There are so many excellent things to mention about El Carmen Hotel. It is in a prime location that leaves you a block from the Central park and a couple of blocks from the Arch. So many great restaurants and bars located near by. The staff here is friendly and happy to help when asked upon. Walking into the courtyard and having free wi-fi to enjoy a nice coffee in a shaded area. The terrace upstairs allows you to have a great view while enjoying an included breakfast with your stay. The food is excellent and the staff that helps you enjoy your free breakfast is great. The rooms have A/C which is huge when it can get a little muggy and humid during the daytime in the right season. I was able to connect my firestick and let the kids enjoy disney plus on downtime, which was huge. The beds are super comfy. 100% coming back to this awesome cozy hotel.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location in Antigua. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2020

I just visit Guatemala for the first time and visit the Colonial City of Antigua! My wife and I stayed at Hotel El Carmen. The Hotel environment was wonderful and all the staff was very friendly and attentive. In addition the Hotel location was very convenient to explore everything around this city. Their breakfasts options were the best... Fruits and orange juice were always included and served before the breakfast was ready. Their coffee was excellent and always freshly brewed. I definitely recommend El Carmen to any visitor.

Room tip: Just ask for the best rooms available and check them out. Staff is very friendly and helpful
Date of stay: November 2020
El Carmen Hotel, General Manager at El Carmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our location in Antigua, coffee and breakfasts. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting Hotel Carmel while stuck in Guatemala after the president shut the borders due to the coronavirus. We are the only three staying at the hotel and these people have been perfect. They serve breakfast in the morning they’re opening the bar at night. They have been kind and courteous and respectful and overly sympathetic to our cause. They slashed the price in half because they know we’re stuck. If I ever get back here I will absolutely visit this place again the city is beautiful and I can’t say more about the staff here.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 976DawnR
El Carmen Hotel, General Manager at El Carmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2020

Thank you for your comments, we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us!

Reviewed 27 February 2020

When we arrived the man i the reception wouldn't let us in until we had paid the fee in full. But as we were unsure about what card to use we needed wi-fi to check the status of our accounts.
The man was extremely hesitant to do this. We had to literally swear to pay a.s.a.p. to get the wi-fi password. This was a bad start of our stay at El Carmen, and one that we found rude and unnecessary.
Apart from that, the hotel has a great location very close to the heart of Antigua, a good breakfast served on the roof terrance, and a comfortable bed. Our room was extremely small, but this probably varies from room to room.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Lars A
elcarmenhotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Carmen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Thank you for letting us know about this. We’re sorry you had a bad experience with our staff. We will make sure this doesn’t happen again. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location in Antigua and the breakfast served on our terrace.