Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Free cancellation until 14/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$125
Free cancellation until 14/08/22
Agoda.com
US$118
ExpediaUS$125
FindHotel
eDreamsUS$125
All reviews bill clinton mary sue green room rooftop terrace small hotel presidential suite room was beautifully decorated breakfast was amazing four blocks every evening common areas visiting antigua main plaza beautiful hotel guatemalan coffee colonial architecture we've stayed
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2021

I can write many things about this outstandingly beautiful and peaceful hotel in La Antigua, but I am not sure I can express how wonderful it is just by stating the following things: a) all my questions were answered in advance of the reservation and the answers were honest and truthful; b) they offer the pick-up and drop-off airport service, and it was on time both ways with Mr. Erwin (asked for him); c) the room was beautifully decorated (mine was the Bird Room), but all the rooms are awesome with a unique personality in terms of colors, themes, designs, etc.; d) they arrange my tour to Lake Atitlan and the surrounding small towns with Mr. Manuel Barrios, a whole day filled with visits to villages, a boat ride in the lake and opportunities to enjoy the Guatemalan culture from different perspectives; e) anytime I needed a restaurant recommendation, I got a great suggestion from both, Anibal and Mélida; f) breakfast was great and served in the dining room or in the terrace; f) they also arrange for the lab technician to stop by the hotel for me to take the Covid exam required to return to the US; g) every evening, they have candles lit up along the hallway and it looks beautiful with a sense of an unmatched serenity, listening to the little cascade of the pool and enjoying the delightful flower arrangements. I recommend Posada del Angel wholeheartedly for a solo trip, for couples or small groups. There are only seven rooms, and you will not go wrong with any of them. The staff goes out of their way to help and assist you in any way possible.

Room tip: I chose a room past the dining room and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank Aristofanes C
Posada del Angel Antigua, General Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

Dear Mr. Aristofanes
We enjoyed your stay, the opportunity we had of meeting you was a honor.
thank you for your all you word expressing your experience in your visit to Antigua Guatemala.
I will share your comments with the staff who made this possible.
We hope we can have the opportunity of serving you soon again.
we are that your return was safe.
Cordially
Anibal Garcia

Reviewed 29 June 2021

I liked this hotel. Some of the rooms are very pretty and it has a nice sized lap pool!!! Grounds are pretty but I looked at the 3 of the rooms because I wanted to change hotels but the rooms smelled kind of moldy!!! Pretty grounds but sadly I have allergies so I could not stay there and did not switch my hotel to Posada Del Angel !!Bill Clinton stayed here while visiting Antigua !!!

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 7ContinentGal
Posada del Angel Antigua, General Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2021

Dear,
we are very sorry that we have not met your expectations, and we are sorry that our rooms have the smell of humidity in the rainy season, we really appreciate your observation and we promise that we will work hard to eliminate the humidity to provide a better option at your next visit or to the next visitors.

Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Perhaps one of the most beautiful hotels I've stayed at and definitely one of the best experiences. Staff is so attentive and helpful. It is a small boutique hotel which makes it perfect. The grounds and common areas are beautifully kept, the views from the terrace are incredible. We've stayed in the presidential suite with a very specious bathroom with a jacuzzi. Beautiful and elegant room with its private terrace, the only room on the second level. Breakfast was amazing and plentiful. They start you off with a plate full of fresh fruits, Guatemalan coffee and fresh orange juice. Location is good, near the main plaza about a 10min walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest
Thank you for the opportunity of serving you on your recent visit; we truly appreciate you choosing Posada del Angel for your stay in Antigua Guatemala.
Thank you for sharing your experience and we are more than happy to share your comment with the staff who work hard the make this possible.
Thank you for your qualification, we are happy to know that your experience with us and Antigua Guatemala has been memorable
We hope we can see you soon.
Warm regards
Anibal Garcia

Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for our very first time in Guatemala. Everything there was over the top. When we were at the front door we thought where are we? Yet once the door opened we were in a part of the paradise on the earth. The service was amazing, the hotel is beautiful, elegant, and warm. The breakfast on the rooftop seeing the water volcano . Thanks a lot

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jfmazenett3
Posada del Angel Antigua, General Manager at Posada Del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2021

We appreciate you share your memorable experience with us.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. We all hope to see you again, both soon and often!

Reviewed 9 April 2021

This hotel is amazing! We booked two rooms (1 for me & the wife and the other for our daughter). All the rooms were unique, beautifully decorated, and very clean. This hotel has a bit of history to it after Bill Clinton stayed there as President. The grounds of this small hotel are very exquisite. Also great views from the roof top terrace. It's a 10 minute walk to the center of the city. The hotel manager and staff do a great job running the hotel and are always there to provide any assistance. Hats off to them. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank soigal

We appreciate you share your memorable experience with us.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
We all hope to see you again, both soon and often!