3 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$189
Agoda.comUS$207
eDreamsUS$207
2,450 results
All reviews chocolate factory hotel museum beautiful hotel star hotel rose petals an oasis visiting antigua monastery spa candles wedding art fireplace statues jacuzzi parrots flowers
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2021

I would go back to Hotel Casa Santo Domingo in a heartbeat. Not only is the resort so beautiful, but the staff is everything you can hope for and more.

It is on a convent and the history remains in place. There are several museums and a chocolate shop on property. I rarely left the hotel as there was no need. There were even parrots!

The spa was stunning. With a private pool and heat tub nestled away while you wait you notice every detail.

I will be BACK!

Room tip: Spa Rooms are AMAZING
Date of stay: November 2021
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2021

Thank you for staying in Casa Santo Domingo during your visit to La Antigua Guatemala. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our services and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2021

The hotel is an incredible experience, visually appealing, beautiful and comfortable rooms, great service and delicious food. And the perfect location within walking distance of everything. We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: November 2021
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021

Thank you for visiting Casa Santo Domingo and for letting us know you had an incredible experience. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2021

I stayed at the Santo Domingo Hotel for a few days. Because I wanted a more direct view of the volcanoes, I moved to a different room. Thanks to Gerardo Garcia, this was relatively easy to do. I tested, if I can use this word, the many departments and amenities of the hotel: spa, museum, reception, restaurant, and billing. All were great, and everyone was courteous, friendly, and eager to help. The rooms I stayed in were comfortable, spacious, and clean. My final days were spent in room 201, a lovely suite. I used the fireplace without any problems. The beds were comfortable, the pillows sturdy and great, and my room had the charm of an old monastery—only much more glamorous. Hotel Santo Domingo is one of the best places to stay in Antigua, and it's not too far from Guate City airport, Aurora (just 45 minutes by car). I hope to come back one day to this amazing place. Thank You!

1  Thank Yorg30

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and for giving us a high qualification for the service provided in different areas. I will share your review with Gerardo that will feel very happy to know he was able to help. I hope a return visit is in your plans.

Reviewed 19 November 2021

It's probably one of the nicest hotels in town but that doesn't mean your experience will be. Our booking was cancelled a week before our trip to accommodate a wedding so unless you are part of a large wedding, you will likely be treated like a second class guest. From reading other reviews for this business, this is NOT an isolated incident.

We booked a 5 night stay for our honeymoon in one of the spa rooms. It is a bit unfortunate how this booking was handled by the hotel staff. We booked the room 2 months before arrival and it was cancelled a week prior for what became obvious was a wedding that the hotel was hosting last minute. We were given no option but to book a much more basic room at a reduced rate, not exactly the kind of experience we were hoping to have for our honeymoon. We did manage to negotiate a stay in the spa room that we originally booked for the last 2 nights of our trip however, that took a full hour of negotiations on WhatsApp to make that arrangement. Overall the front desk staff were painfully unhelpful.

When asked several times if we could still access the spa given that they cancelled our original booking the answer was a resounding no. They seemed to have very little concern for our cancelled room and we felt like second class customers. We also asked 3 times on 3 different days if we could have a late checkout from our first room to our second given that it was the hotels fault we were switching rooms in the first place and they were never able or interested in accommodating this. We ended up checking our bags for a couple hours which is a waste of time. When reminded that our original booking was cancelled to accommodate the wedding and that even the smallest gesture (such as a coordinated room switch) would go a long way, the answer was still no.

To top it all off, the room we were ultimately assigned was in poor condition with several amenities broken and no less than 20 cigarette butts strewn all over the patio. The safe was broken as well as the mini fridge. We asked the front desk to fix the safe 3 times and 3 times they said they would send someone and never did. There were also issued with the plumbing in our room.

Overall, although a beautiful property, this hotel was a huge disappointment and feels like a resort in Mexico operating a wedding factory. If you do book, just be prepared for the administrative nightmare you may have with cancellations.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ensheather1
Gerardo García, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2021

I am so sorry to hear you did not have the experience you were expected to have. With your comment we improve and we will make sure if we have the pleasure of serving you again you can have the experience expected. You can contact me at: ggarcia@casasantodomingo.com.gt

Reviewed 18 November 2021

This review is about the hotel but mostly about Cynthia who manages the hotel's iconic spa. We just wrapped up our amazing wedding in Guatemala and Cynthia was a key part of making this weekend a success. She was always so professional, attended to our every request quickly, and most importantly was very very communicative. She handled all of our last minute changes at the spa with class and grace. I truly don't know how we would have done this without her. Thank you Cynthia!

Date of stay: November 2021

Thank you for visiting our SPA and for taking the time to write your review. I will share it with Cynthia that will surely be happy to know you had such a wonderful time. Hope you return soon.