Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ExpediaUS$79
Agoda.comUS$72
Hotels.comUS$79
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews great hotel laundry service hangers toiletries comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2021

My booking was an accident, and it was a most fortunate one.
Seeking an escape from the virus and cold ravaged northeastern shore of the Americas I fled to the warm heart of the world; nestled in a valley among the towering and sometimes fiery volcanoes. When I visit Antigua I like to try out the many small boutique hotels in the city, but I believe I have found a new favorite. I chose Casa Bella based on its location, close to the central square and all the sites, but also in the up and coming southeast side of town. I made my booking on Expedia, but when I reached out to the hotel to schedule an airport transfer I found out that the availability had been made available via a technical glitch. The management had been using the COVID closure to do a full renovation of the space, and weren’t quite expecting to welcome guests quite yet. But after a call with the very cool owner who let me know what status was, I decided to give it a try. What I got was a first class stay.

The redesign was a very cool, modern, reinterpretation of the Antigua baroque style. The room was outfitted with the most comfortable bed and bedding I have slept on in Antigua, and the bathroom was kitted out with fluffy towels and modern fittings, great water pressure and hot water both in the shower and soaking tub. It was also the first place I have stayed in town that had enough/easily accessible power points available to charge your devices and camera. It might seem like a small thing, but that is a rarity in Antigua. The amenities included daily bottled water, quality soaps/shampoo, a tasty breakfast, top notch coffee, and blazing fast, rock solid wi-fi. As we were still Prisoners of COVID the Casa Bella gets full marks for their attention to protocol and high standard of cleanliness. The staff were simply super. Amazingly helpful and friendly.

All in it was a top notch stay, there was a little construction dust as the public spaces received their polish and finishing touches, but that, like everything else, was well managed and didn’t detract from my stay. I look forward to a return visit to enjoy the complete experience.

On a tangential note. If you need a COVID test to return home, there is clinic around the block by the name of Laboratorio Juan Pablo II where you can walk up and make an appointment for your test. The hotel really is in a great location.

Room tip: Many booking sites haven't updated their photos of the rooms. They are much more modern than their are shown to be.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

Upon arrival the lady receptionist helped to orientate me to the city with a map. I stayed for four nights in room 8. It was fabulous. There is a tub in the large room. Water bottle is delivered to the room daily. There is a fridge. There is a safe. Daily maid service. The bathroom is modern and with nice toiletries. The room has nice decor and there is a sitting area outside. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and polite. He kept my bag at the front desk while I went on an overnight hiking tour. Breakfast consisted of tea, fruit, eggs, toast and black beans. Breakfast begins at 7. I travelled to Guatemala solo and I would absolutely return to casa Bella as it is very safe and lovely.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2019

We didn't have any trouble. They did laundry for a member of our group for next to nothing. Nice hotel and room. Friendly front desk. It went smooth. Very close to everything. Secure- they have a gate that locks so not anyone can come in. No surprises with price or booking. Fireworks right overhead on a Saturday night, a few other noises in the night. Earplugs are helpful. Good traditional breakfast included. Comfortable large bed.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2019

I stayed at Casa Bella for a week with my Mum in January 2018. So, I should have posted a review at the time, but I figured that it’s never too late! We had a great time at this hotel. Our room and the outside seating areas were lovely (photos don’t do them justice). The breakfasts were great (fruit, eggs, frijoles refritos, plantain, sour cream and toast) and served promptly. The hotel is in a great location – only about a five-minute walk from the main square. Although all the staff were pleasant and helpful, special thanks go to Angelica. She went out of her way to ensure we had a great stay. For example, although we arrived early, she let us check into our room, as there were two rooms available, she let us choose which room we preferred, she gave us advice about things do, she was warm and friendly etc etc. I plan to return to Antigua and would not consider staying anywhere else.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SwirlyNottingham
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

This is my second time staying here, and it's as nice as I remembered. Very nice owner, good location, well appointed rooms and a cute little garden with lounge chairs. I'll stay here again. Excellent!

Date of stay: January 2019