Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$155
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
eDreams
Trip.com
All reviews private jacuzzi master suite rooms are beautiful visit antigua spacious room an oasis few blocks fireplace guatemala fountain skylight terrace roof arch upstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2021

Charming place a few minutes walk from the city center. A very warm and friendly staff, big spacious room and delicious breakfast. All you need for a perfect stay in Antigua. Highly recommended by us.

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 November 2021

We stayed in the King Suite room for several days and have had the most pleasant experience. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The jacuzzi in the private garden attached to the room is amazing, I would recommend any room with this feature. The staff has been extremely helpful and thoughtful. We ordered room service breakfast most mornings and it did not disappoint. I highly recommend the avocado toast and fresh orange juice.

A must stay location!

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank N8571RYzoem
Reviewed 27 July 2021

This is the most expensive place I have ever stayed in Antigua, and my expectations were high, but I did not find El Convento more comfortable than much cheaper hotels or the service any better.I booked a standard room, which was ready when I arrived long before check in time, but my gratitude quickly changed to disappointment when I saw  the room  - it had no windows, although it was huge and looked nice. I would never book a windowless room, but the on-line description completely misses this detail.  I asked for another room and there was one available on the first floor, with big glass doors to the tiny private patio, which was introduced to me as "the best suite". This room was more expensive, much smaller and very modest. It had two beds and one chair - the only sitting option, no robe, no refrigerator, no clock, no "normal" TV channels (TV played two programs over and over). The staff did not even bother to put back the cushions on the two iron chairs on the patio.
There was a problem with a safe box in the room, and I was told that it could be fixed "tomorrow", which never happened.
I tried the restaurant once, that breakfast was a joke - two dry miniscule croissants for a ridiculous price.
The last straw was the charges made in quetzales because the hotel's credit card machines did not process transactions in dollars. The hotel uses a different exchange rate that adds to the dollar amount.
Excellent were the shower and the bed, and the grounds are beautiful.

1  Thank NYAnatolia
Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

This boutique hotel is a small luxury hotel at its finest. Each unique room is beautifully designed. Ours had a high wood-beamed ceiling, a small stone patio with a jacuzzi, a fireplace, and very comfortable bedding. But the highlight was the bathroom with a vaulted brick ceiling, a soaker tub with a skylight, and a stone shower with excellent water pressure. The hotel also has a lovely restaurant and bar, and good service.

The hotel’s location is excellent. It’s in the UNESCO world heritage zone, directly across the street from an historic colonial era monastery which is absolutely worth a visit. The hotel is a few blocks from the main street of Antigua with it’s iconic yellow arch, restaurants, bars, and coffee shops.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Amazing experience. The hotel is an oasis. We stayed in the grand master suite. Our kids loved staying upstairs in the loft area and we had a bit more privacy on the main floor. The hotel is exceptional in its modern colonial decor. It has exposed wooden beams, arches and hand carved doors which are one of a kind for this former convent. It is centrally located and easily walkable to restaurants and shops. The pool is small but beautiful. We didn’t use it due to the cooler weather although we did use our private jacuzzi which was also small but beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled with family