“Perfect intro to Kyiv!”

Open Kyiv
Ranked #1 of 137 Nightlife in Kiev
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover KIEV as a LOCAL! "Instead of giving a traditional tour of the city, you feel like an old time friend is living in town and is showing her city to you". During the walking city tour you will see the main attractions of the city: the central street Khreshchatyk, which was destroyed during the Second World War, the People's Friendship Arch and the stunning views of the city, the old funicular, the main shrines of the city - the millennial Church of St. Sophia and St. Michael's Cathedral, mystical street Andrew's descent and territory with doll's houses Vozdvizhenka. As well as the Golden Gate, the National Opera, the place of entertainment Arena City, and more! Kiev is one of the most beautiful capitals in Europe with 1500+ years full of history! We love this city so much and the goal is to make you fall in love with it also! Remember, that the only way to know a city is walking! :) UkraineToGo is not a travel agency with standard programs. Our city tours are made with passion for life and smiles in our hearts! Let yourself get such unforgettable experience - walk thru the historical places of Kiev with someone who makes you feel that knows you for the years! :)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I took the Combo Tour with Eliza earlier this month on a beautiful, sunny spring day. Apart from the tourist highlights of the city, Eliza also took me to off-the-beaten-path places like the home of the ravens and the place where the hedgehog is, and was wonderfully game in doing seven rounds of an ancient linden tree with me to make our hearts' dearest wishes come true! She showed me the best places to shop and picked out a great place to get lunch. We attended the daily service at St Michael's Gold Domed Cathedral (a powerful, moving experience) and listened to street musicians perform a beautiful folk ballad. And those are only a few of the many highlights of the day. It truly felt like walking around Kyiv with a friend, we had such lovely conversations and I felt so perfectly at ease. Thank you again, Eliza and UkraineToGo, for an excellent experience! xx

Kseniia P, Owner at UkraineToGo - Friend & Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much! Always very welcome

All reviews
"great afternoon"
"street art"
"at short notice"

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My experience with UkraineToGo and Ksenia in particular cannot have been better. After finding UkraineToGo online I had sent an email to the address listed and Ksenia responded almost immediately.

As I've only had a short time in the city during a long flight layover, I had requested that Ksenia organize my pick-up/drop off from the airport as well as a custom tour of the city, its attractions and sights. As I did not see an option for an 10 hour tour (pick-up and drop off from the airport included) on the website, I had requested that my preference be taken into account. Ksenia provided me with an approximate tour itinerary, answered any questions I had about the tour and its logistics and provided me with honest and fair pricing information. Her responses were quick, easy to understand and left me feeling at ease regarding the trip.

A day prior to my arrival in Kiev, Ksenia reached out via email to confirm that everything was set and our plans were good to go. Upon my arrival to Kiev Borispol Airport, I had received an email from Ksenia with the photo of the driver who was sent to pick me up. As soon as I met up with the driver and dropped off my luggage at the airport for safekeeping, I was driven to the city. The driver who was sent was courteous, safe, and provided an enjoyable drive into the city center where I met Ksenia.

Ksenia herself was friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable and fun. We began our tour in the city center near Kryschatik Street, passed through Arena City, followed by a quick stop in a park for espresso as I had requested. After we proceed to the city's historical landmark of Golden Gates, descended into the Metro Station to admire its architectural features. We then made our way through city's squares, streets, and Ksenia pointed out several of artist rendered pieces painted directly on city buildings and other features. These would have never been found on your own, even with a map. The pieces showcase some of the lore surrounding founding and evolution of Ukraine, its heritage as well as its more recent revolutionary and political struggles. Multitude of international artists are represented, each with its own unique take and style.

We continued the tour through even more historical sites where Ksenia described the history and significance behind each as well as answered any questions that I had. Our adventure took us through many historical landmarks and Kiev's attractions and provided amazing photo opportunities. About half way through the day, we stopped for lunch at a local cafe that Ksenia recommended and enjoyed a meal consisting of several authentically Ukrainian dishes and bites. After lunch we continued exploring the city, walking alongside the Dnieper river, making our way up one of the city's many hills and enjoying picturesque views nearby to the Arch of Friendship of Nations. Ksenia's commentary of historical events and people who have shaped Kiev into the city that it is today was interesting, inspiring and raised many questions which she was able to answer. She definitely knows the history behind the city and shows it in a very approachable and easy going way.

In the later afternoon as my one-day trip was coming to an end, we Kiev's botanic space and recovered some energy for the final walk back to the meeting place with the driver who was scheduled to take me back to the airport. I could not have asked for more from my tour or the guide leading it. The experience was overwhelmingly positive and left me with a desire to come back and explore in more detail.

Thank you to UkraineToGo and Ksenia for an absolutely amazing tour that touched upon Kiev's truly impressive history and allowed me to explore the city as if I have been a local and not a tourist. If you have any doubts of visiting this city, let UkraineToGo change your mind and show you the city as its residents see it every day.

Artem, the pleasure is definitely mine! Can't want to see you again in Kiev!:)))

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Kiev is such an awesome City to Visit.
We were there for the Champions league Final Weekend !!! Wow what a vibe !!
We did two tours with Ksenia. The walking tour of Kiev and the nightlife tour. All I can say is book this young lady. She is dynamic, intelligent and a lot of fun. Her English is great and she is very informative and energetic !! You won’t be sorry !!!
Thanks for the awesome tours Ksenia !!
Worth every Euro !!!
Till we meet again in Kiev !!!

What a beautiful review! Thanks for all kind words:)

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Great city tour - this is Champions league level!!
Very professional, great knowledge, super friendly service!!
We were all delighted and highly recommend this Champions league alike tour!

Kseniia P, Owner at UkraineToGo - Friend & Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thanks, Yves! The tour was really enjoyable!)))