“Great for children”
Review of Mala Fabrika Ukusa

Mala Fabrika Ukusa
Ranked #16 of 1,547 Restaurants in Belgrade
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: I have just discovered a great restaurant close to the Temple of Sveti Sava. Food is extraordinary! It's in the Nebojsina street and the name of the restaurant is 'Mala fabrika ukusa' ( Small taste factory). Ecellent place, with nice open garden in the summer time.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

we were sitting outside, and that's a great place if you're with children, but the table was not exactly flat, so it was a bit uncomfortable. As far as food is concerned, we anticipated a bit more from appetizer, considering the price and quantity of food. Bread is extremely expensive, but the main course is very affordable. The quality of the food would be assessed as a whole with 4. It's not the best thing we've ate so far, but it's ok. The presentation is excellent, a sufficient number of waiters, and the slides and swings are in themselves a great idea

Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I always make sure we stop for a lunch as I like the set up and the dishes of Malta Fabrika. We were on the terrace and nice wind, good rose and nice little dishes like the cheese croquettes, my favourite. Good veal karadjorjeva and cream dish. Great and perfect to start the day. Tks.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

This is one of my favourite places to take foreigners when they come to Belgrade with me - although it's not without fault.

The good:
- Food is interesting - it's Serbian but imaginative, not the usual piles and piles of meat, but done with some thought.
- Garden is lovely and the ambient is nice - both inside and out. It's very pleasant for dinner and for lunch, never too loud.
- Presentation is cute. Sometimes it goes a bit overboard but I quite enjoy it in general.
- Food prices are a decent value for money.
- Bread basket contains uštipci which are amazing

The bad:
- Not all food is that great. For example, I really enjoy the "Monastery Chicken" and think it's lovely and tasty and well cooked, yet on the other hand, ćevapčići are pretty below average. I do think it is mostly good though.
- Food is decently priced (I wouldn't say it is cheap, but it's not expensive either). On the other hand, I found wine silly overpriced. It seems that I was lucky that my mother usually paid when we went there, because I ordered two glasses of house white and got charged about 1000 RSD for them, which is a bit wild for Serbia.
- Service is hit and miss. Sometimes I am treated super well, sometimes waiters aren't particularly interested. Last time, there was a fair amount of waiting around just to be given a menu and we weren't being particularly taken care of (we had to get up and go and ask for things to be brought, like more water).

Anyway, I will return. I would recommend to people, especially foreigners. But there is definitely room for improvement.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We left it up to our server to suggest the dishes. For starters, we were served with a large platter of various appetizers comprising of different cheeses (hot and cold), charcuterie, pork rind, etc. Really excellent. For the main course, we were served with a selection of meats including porc, stuffed chicken, sausages, etc. Again, very delicious. Excellent service. You will not leave the place hungry and all at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Big portions that were delicious.
Kind and professional service and the athmosphere was nice as well!