1,746 results
All reviews all inclusive package frangipani bure coral coast outdoor shower mongolian bbq happy hour kids club nightly entertainment high tide ocean front bure pool volleyball local village a la carte menu activities staff aqua aerobics an update village tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Our first trip to Fiji was Feb 2013. We stayed at the Hideaway as it had been recommended to us as a warm, comfortable place to stay without breaking the bank. We found this to be right.
On our arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff and our luggage taken to our room by our porter. Although it was the hot season it didn't stop us from doing any activities! Remember to use the sunscreen and insect repellant for any mosquitos.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with nothing too much trouble.They greeted us both by name the next time they saw us. "Bula" is the word that you hear everywhere you go!
The food was good and you can have the Inclusive meal option or buy from the menu. The room built in Bura style very comfortable with an inside and outside shower.The grounds are well kept and the exotic flowers beautiful. Then there is the pool area! Need I say more!
While we were there we attended the Church service in the village down the road from Hideaway.It was a wonderful experience and the singing amazing.
We were able to relax on Fiji time, sight see but most of all get to know the people. The nightly activities were good, some very funny! The children's choir was heavenly!
I was, however, a little embarrassed by the behaviour of some fellow Australians who just stayed on their bar stool all day drinking.
I would recommend highly staying at the hideaway and plan to come back again one day! We made friends with local people thsat we still remain in contact with.
Just remember that if you go to the villages, (ladies) to wear a Sulu skirt and respect the customs. There is such a rich culture to experience.
Vin aka Hideaway for your friendship and a wonderful introduction to Fiji. We will come home again!

Room tip: Choose a room that is not too close to the Bar and entertinment area as it can be a little noisy.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank plnppl
Zahira B, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Bula plnppl and thank you for choosing to stay with Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa. We are glad that you had an awesome stay with us. Thank you for the lovely compliments about the the resort staff, activities, rooms and entertainment. We believe you had a wonderful time.

It is also pleasing to learn that you enjoyed the childrens choir. Thank you for respect you showed to our culture. That is very much appreciated.

With all this we hope to see you once again at the resort.

Reviewed 17 November 2014

We stayed there for 6 nights and the experience was quite good. I will detail some of the good points and the points to improve as per below.

Good/Great:
*Hotel location – in front of the ocean, very beautiful place. Not many options around, but you could find all you needed inside the hotel.
*Restaurants – good food served on the restaurant, and in the dinner time, there was always an entertainment show. The pizza place served a great prawn pizza. Another nice point was that there were specials menus for each day, so something different from the original menus was good.
*Staff – great people, very friendly. The lady cleaning the room would always put a nice flower on the bed, and that was really nice !
*Wedding – the wedding Capel was beautiful, the decoration and people participating of it was great. I would defiantly recommend it.
*Beach front room – it was a great room, and affordable as well. We had a nice outside bath, and a fantastic view. The honeymoon room was not that special actually, there was no bath on it, so we end up going back to the beach front room that was really good for us.
*Massage – I just loved it!

Points for improvement:
*Restaurants – point to improve would be more restaurants, when we were there the steak house and the quick bite was not working.
*Breakfast – every day was pretty much the same, that would be nice to have some variety. The eggs were made by request and if you really wanted to have some eggs, you would need to wait in a line for it, and this wasn’t really great. The juices were not always really nice as well… I gave up on them after the 3rd date.

Conclusion:
I would for sure come back to the place; we had a great week, and a great experience.

Room tip: I loved the beach front room. Nice, clean, protected against mosquitoes, and with a nice outside bath under the sun.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank BubusRomi

Bula BubusRomi and thank you for choosing to stay with Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa. It is pleasing to read that you loved the beach and had a dream holiday. We hope the staff took great care of you. Thank you once again for the lovely compliments about the wedding, massage, rooms and staff.

We would definitely look into the points for improvement and vinaka for the observations.

Hoping to see you back at the resort.

Vinaka and Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2014

My 2 best friends and I stayed at this resort for 7days and I can honestly say that is was one of the best times of our lives ! Yes it isn't a 5star resort and some things need to be updated , but from the minute we walked in till the moment we left we felt like part of the family !! There were some fantastic guests there that made our stay so much fun, but the staff and the people in general are so giving , helpful and downright fantastic. One other guest three though was quite rude , obnoxious and totally unfriendly. She has posted a blog here putting the place and staff down, but please don't listen to her because she needs to get a life and most certainly a personality as she has neither. If you want to stay somewhere that is affordable, fun , kid friendly and with wonderful staff, I definitely recommend this place. Life us what you make it and we had a fantastic time ! Vin aka Hideaway, we will definitely be back

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Cathy F
Zahira B, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Bula Cathy F and thank you for choosing to stay with Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa. We are pleased to read that you and your friends had happy days with us. Thank you for the nice compliments about our staff and the other in-house guests that made your stay fun and entertaining.

In general, thank you once again for choosing to stay with Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa and we definitely wish to see you back.

Vinaka and Kind regards

Reviewed 15 November 2014

Wow! that is how I would describe my stay at hideaway. I was travelling solo & everyone was so friendly.Hotel staff are fabulous!!! From my taxi driver guide Joe Gavidi, he took me all over the place & he knows his way around. I felt so safe he was professional and a really good guide & genuine. I was grateful to visit his home town & was able to meet his whole family & serve with amazing Fijian home made food! I would strongly recommend him as a guide. He can pick you & your family from Nadi airport. Local are very friendly & accomodating.
Hideaway is great accomodation, however I will recommend to stay in other city like Denareau. Sky diving is a must to do. Definetely bringing my kids back to fiji.
ML from Canada

Room tip: request for ocean view rooms. Sunset is amazing
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Calgary62

Bula Calgary62 and thank you for your review about Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa. We are glad that you had an amazing stay with us. More then that we are happy to read that your guide showed you many places which you enjoyed. Thank you for the kind words about our resort.
We would definitely love to see your kids on your next trip and hope that you will enjoy even more during that.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

I stayed here in October 2014 with my 2 year old son.
We stayed in a Frangipani Bure which was perfect. The outdoor shower/bath was a huge hit with my son.
It wasn't the cleanest room I've stayed in as I found out after retrieving a toy from under one of the beds but it was a comfortable stay.

The staff were fantastic and greeted us by name from the day we arrived until the day we left.
Travelling alone with a 2 year old made eating dinner difficult as the kids meals are 5-6pm and they don't start cooking restaurant meals until 6 so I often skipped dinner or had room service later. But this was not a huge deal.
The cocktails were yummy.
The day spa was perfect.
The kids club was very small but the play area outside was a huge winner with swings, slides etc. I used the baby sitters a couple of times and they were lovely.
The beach was beautiful with nice sand.
There is no ATM at the resort but for a 30FJD taxi ride return you can go to the Naviti resort and use their ATM.
The restaurant and bar area provide nightly entertainment which can be quite loud from nearby Bures so I would recommend asking to stay in ones that are further away if you have young children to get to sleep.
I had free wifi as part of my package. This dropped in and out but was fine for the basics.
I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tania B

Bula Surfagirl from Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that your stay with us was perfect. We are even more happy to learn that your son also had fun. Please accept our sincere apologies for the toy that was found in under the bed in the room. Thank you for the lovely words about our day spa, cocktails, the kids club and the beach.

Overall, we hope that you had a great stay and also hoping to see you back.