“Modern Dining in Lima”

Bravo Restobar
Ranked #101 of 3,223 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We went to this place for dinner as we were staying at the nearby Foresta hotel. We were encouraged by the presence of some local diners and found the food to be of quite good quality. My wife enjoyed her sword fish and my steak with stir fried vegetables was good. We later found that many restaurants in Peru serve up vegetables almost cold so in retrospect this was an exception to that norm. The service was quite good, though it did help to have some knowledge of Spanish.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Meal excellent, Service excellent.

I would highly recommend this restaurant. I go there very often and never I feel deposinted or bored

Carlos B, Gerente at Bravo Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

We are very happy that you visit us often, Thanks for sharing your experience .... Merci beaucoup Karim !

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Food and drinks are well prepared, but service is terrible.
I made a reservation for a large group and service was terrible. I got charged for items that they said they were not going to charge me, and they also brought items that I did not ordered and charged for that too.

Christian B, Propietario at Bravo Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Cocorosi ,

I appreciate your visit and even more the comment that allows us to improve.
I want to apologize on behalf of all my team for not having fulfilled our commitment to "make happy those who visit us". I am very sorry to hear that the service was not up to par. Generally in Bravo Restobar we are characterized by giving an excellent service and therefore not only draws my attention very much your comment but I ask you please help me improve by giving me details of your reservation: what day and time did you visit us? How many people were on your table? What items did not you consume and charged to your account?
I hope I can rectify the inconvenience

Christian Bravo

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Went with a friend for lunch and had an excellent gastronomic experience. Enjoyed causa with octopuss, delicious beef with pasta, and tres leches, all exquisite, Met chef owner, Mr. Bravo, who leads famous Peru Nebraska video. 5 stars to this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We went to this place because it was the best rated place to eat near our hotel and we didn't want to venture too far on our first evening in Lima. And what a surprising night it turned out to be.

While we were seated we met the chef (and owner) of the place, Christian Bravo and we talked a bit about were are we from and he was such a wonderful host. He came to our table to tell us about the dishes, the cocktails and we even got to taste one of the best (if not the best) soups we ever tasted, called (Capuccino de) Menestrón, an amazing soup creme based a combination of Minestrone and Pesto.

We ate some delicious causas (kind of tapas) for two as an appetiser and we had as main dish Lomo Saltado and another dish made from steak filled with smoked cheese and served with pasta which name I unfortunately forgot. Not only they tasted divinely, but the portions were huge.

If you dine here come very hungry in order to be able to eat everything they serve.

Thanks Christian for being such a wonderful host and chef.

It was so nice that I don't even know if there was a wifi.

Carlos B, Propietario at Bravo Restobar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thanks so much dear "KingSnakeW" it was a pleassure to met You .
The Beef was a Hanger Steak filled with cheese ( we called BomBom de Hanger Steak )

Bravo Restobar , all my staff and I will be waiting You Back !
Hope to See You friends!