“So great!”

Bonanza Tours Peru
Ranked #53 of 675 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a family-run company based in Cusco offering expeditions deep into the Amazon jungle. Our tours bring you close to the heart of the untouched Manu National Park. We offer expeditions to see a diverse range of wildlife including monkeys, giant otters, jaguar, and a wide variety of birds. Our adventures include visits to the Reserve Zone, observation towers high in the canopy, overnight stays at our mammal clay lick where the shy nocturnal tapir visit, fishing, trekking and camping. Our professional guides are born and raised in the jungle and are immensely passionate about plants, animals and local culture. All of our tours visit the Bonanza Lodge on the Madre de Dios River in the heart of the Manu Cultural Zone. This is our family property where our parents, six brothers and one sister grew and developed their love of the jungle. The idea for this family owned and run tour company was concieved as a way to preserve this large area of diverse jungle for future generations.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Serious agency, competent guides (Julio y Darwin).
We really enjoyed this experience!

Eleonore y Juan

"bring lots"
"these guys"
"his enthusiasm"

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I came to Peru to hike the Inca Trail because I love mountains. My friend initially had to talk me into this tour because I hate bugs and creepy crawly things. Ironically, I ended up liking this trip to the MP Trek! I would almost have liked on additional night simply because the jungle is pretty far away from Cusco.

Highlights:

Our Guide Moses and Chef Juan!

Moses grew up in the jungle and knows it intimately. For example, he would point out plants and flowers that his mother used for cooking or healing practices. Beyond being knowledgeable, Moses is a great guide whose enthusiasm for the jungle's birds, plants, mammals is infectious. I'm not really a "bird person" but I would highly recommend this tour for bird enthusiasts. You will see more birds than anything else and they are quite beautiful!

I am a strict vegetarian and was basically prepared to starve in Peru which I knew was a country which favors a meat-based diet. Our Chef Juan accommodated me throughout the entire trip at every meal and I can save without reservation that his cooking surpassed any meal I had in Cusco. I still can't believe the magical meals Juan created in impossible conditions such as the back of a boat going up a river!

I also loved swimming in the hot springs and stopping on the way into the jungle (via boat) at a small village.

I will say we really lucked out and basically encountered hardly any mosquitoes the entire time we were in the jungle. Of course you still need to bring Deet, Sunscreen, and a proper hat to cover yourself from sun, wind, etc. Bring warm clothes for the boat! It's a four hour ride and if the sun is not out it gets cold. Also make sure you have a good rain jacket in case of rain and enjoy!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I absolutely loved my stay with bonanza tours! Ryse and his team are very professional and knowledgeable. Loved the wildlife watching, as the staff was able to spot amazing birds and animals from very long distances and in nearly invisible places. The food was absolutely delicious. All in all, I can only recommend Bonanza tours!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

It was an incredible tour with an amazing team ! I totally recommand it ! We enjoy every days and we wish we coule have stayed a little longer :)

1  Thank emilieblanchet2
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We went for a tour of 7 days in the Manu National Park with Bonanza and we had an absolutely fantastic experience.

Everything was professional handled.

The guide was sincere and deeply interested in showing us everything he knew about the animals and the jungle (he knew kind of everything). The cook created stunning meals every single time both on the boat (!) and in the lodges. The captain of the boat did some impossible moves on the river and all personal where kind and smiling. We felt very welcome and there is no doubt that these guys are proud to show their knowledge and experience with the jungle.

A spotless experience. Thanks to our super-guide Saulo, Boris, captain-Mario and the ever-smiling Bernadino.

We will come again and we will recommend Bonanza to everyone we know and come across who wants to visit Peru.

Thanks!