Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in the jungle!

In November 2018 we visited Bonanza Tours in the Manu National Park. What a great experience that... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
Coby87
Trip to the jungle with Bonanza Tours

We went to the jungle for 3 days. It was amazing! The guide knows a lot of the jungle. It was... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
Quest40629985621
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$46.00
from US$83.93
from US$415.00
from US$361.00
More Info
All reviews giant otters manu national park manu reserve manu jungle reserve zone different species night tour jungle experience mammal clay lick spotting animals guide alex longer trip amazing birds madre de dios river natural hot springs great potoo red howler monkeys
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I came to Peru to hike the Inca Trail because I love mountains. My friend initially had to talk me into this tour because I hate bugs and creepy crawly things. Ironically, I ended up liking this trip to the MP Trek! I would almost have liked on additional night simply because the jungle is pretty far away from Cusco.

Highlights:

Our Guide Moses and Chef Juan!

Moses grew up in the jungle and knows it intimately. For example, he would point out plants and flowers that his mother used for cooking or healing practices. Beyond being knowledgeable, Moses is a great guide whose enthusiasm for the jungle's birds, plants, mammals is infectious. I'm not really a "bird person" but I would highly recommend this tour for bird enthusiasts. You will see more birds than anything else and they are quite beautiful!

I am a strict vegetarian and was basically prepared to starve in Peru which I knew was a country which favors a meat-based diet. Our Chef Juan accommodated me throughout the entire trip at every meal and I can save without reservation that his cooking surpassed any meal I had in Cusco. I still can't believe the magical meals Juan created in impossible conditions such as the back of a boat going up a river!

I also loved swimming in the hot springs and stopping on the way into the jungle (via boat) at a small village.

I will say we really lucked out and basically encountered hardly any mosquitoes the entire time we were in the jungle. Of course you still need to bring Deet, Sunscreen, and a proper hat to cover yourself from sun, wind, etc. Bring warm clothes for the boat! It's a four hour ride and if the sun is not out it gets cold. Also make sure you have a good rain jacket in case of rain and enjoy!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I absolutely loved my stay with bonanza tours! Ryse and his team are very professional and knowledgeable. Loved the wildlife watching, as the staff was able to spot amazing birds and animals from very long distances and in nearly invisible places. The food was absolutely delicious. All in all, I can only recommend Bonanza tours!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

It was an incredible tour with an amazing team ! I totally recommand it ! We enjoy every days and we wish we coule have stayed a little longer :)

1  Thank emilieblanchet2
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We went for a tour of 7 days in the Manu National Park with Bonanza and we had an absolutely fantastic experience.

Everything was professional handled.

The guide was sincere and deeply interested in showing us everything he knew about the animals and the jungle (he knew kind of everything). The cook created stunning meals every single time both on the boat (!) and in the lodges. The captain of the boat did some impossible moves on the river and all personal where kind and smiling. We felt very welcome and there is no doubt that these guys are proud to show their knowledge and experience with the jungle.

A spotless experience. Thanks to our super-guide Saulo, Boris, captain-Mario and the ever-smiling Bernadino.

We will come again and we will recommend Bonanza to everyone we know and come across who wants to visit Peru.

Thanks!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My boyfriend and me had an amazing time in Amazon jungle That was the best thing we have done in 2,5 months travelling South America.
Bonanza is a family owned and very well-organised company, I will 100% recommend it if you are looking for a good company to see the jungle.
We had a few jungle trips in Bolivia, but the highlight of our trip was Manu with Bonanza.
Our guide Ryse was incredible, passionate about wildlife and very knowledgeable. Exactly as the perfect guide should be;-)
We saw a lot of animals and even though the weather wasn't the best (it rained a lot), Ryse is very very good at spotting animals and birds.
Our cook Bernadino was excellent, we have eaten on this trip better then throughout the whole our travelling in Peru.

Some reviews were saying that the trip is very intense, but I found that the trip has the right amount of everything: boat, hikes and rest. We loved it! be back to see jaguar, and if we do I will choose the same guide and the same cook!!

Also, I have forgotten my shoes on the trip and Bonanza kindly mailed it back too me;-)
Thank you guys for amazing experience!

Date of experience: May 2018