Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in the jungle!

In November 2018 we visited Bonanza Tours in the Manu National Park. What a great experience that... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
Coby87
Trip to the jungle with Bonanza Tours

We went to the jungle for 3 days. It was amazing! The guide knows a lot of the jungle. It was... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
Quest40629985621
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$49.00
from US$46.00
from US$47.50
from US$83.93
More Info
All reviews giant otters manu national park manu reserve manu jungle reserve zone different species night tour jungle experience mammal clay lick spotting animals guide alex longer trip amazing birds madre de dios river natural hot springs great potoo red howler monkeys
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My boyfriend and me had an amazing time in Amazon jungle That was the best thing we have done in 2,5 months travelling South America.
Bonanza is a family owned and very well-organised company, I will 100% recommend it if you are looking for a good company to see the jungle.
We had a few jungle trips in Bolivia, but the highlight of our trip was Manu with Bonanza.
Our guide Ryse was incredible, passionate about wildlife and very knowledgeable. Exactly as the perfect guide should be;-)
We saw a lot of animals and even though the weather wasn't the best (it rained a lot), Ryse is very very good at spotting animals and birds.
Our cook Bernadino was excellent, we have eaten on this trip better then throughout the whole our travelling in Peru.

Some reviews were saying that the trip is very intense, but I found that the trip has the right amount of everything: boat, hikes and rest. We loved it! be back to see jaguar, and if we do I will choose the same guide and the same cook!!

Also, I have forgotten my shoes on the trip and Bonanza kindly mailed it back too me;-)
Thank you guys for amazing experience!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Bonanza tours did a spectacular job for 7 day 6 night tour. Our guide Moses was the man! Very helpful explaining all of the wildlife and shared great stories. Some of the coolest animals we saw included a mountain lion, three toed sloth, harpy eagle, 7 species of primates, 4 species of toucan, 3 species of macaw, etc. Also shoutout to our cook ceaser who made some fantastic meals as well as Lenin who will be a great guide in the future! Crushing beer in the boat and bus ride back to Peru was also a huge plus. ;)

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I joined the 6-day tour to the Manu Reserve. This was one of the best things we had done in our 6 months in South America.

Alex, our guide was by far one of the best guides we've ever had. He is extremely knowledgable about the jungle. His ability to spot wildlife is impressive. He is also very passionate about it, he was more excited than we were to spot some species! He is also very friendly and attentive.

The organisation of the tour was very good. The food was tasty and plentiful, the lodges much nicer than we expected.

We'd definitely recommend this to anyone!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Bonanza professionalism was impressive from transportation, food, lodging and quality of excursion. Our guide Alex was simply the best! His enthusiasm, knowledge and generosity made our journey rich and delightful. He made sure we saw as much as possible: birds, monkeys, snake, cayman, tapir, tarantula...Explained flora & fauna with great insights. Our chef Leonardo made sure every meal was generous and creative; both vegetarian and non. He made us discover traditional dishes and beverage. The lodges were clean, spacious and comfortable as well as the observation platform were we spend one night. Overall our trip was very condensed. We would recommend to better reserve a longer stay to fully enjoy the environment.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This trip was fantastic. 5d 4n deep into the reserve zone. Food was plentiful and varied. The chef and boat operator were skilled and very nice guys.

Alex, our guide, was likable, professional, and completely tireless! He was clearly dedicated to our enjoyment and worked hard to share his knowledge of the jungle. Thank you, Alex!

The accommodations were excellent and clean, especially considering their remoteness.

I think the riskiest part of this trip is clearly the drive. At one point I couldn’t be silent any longer as our van driver, late into a ten hour drive, left himself no margin for error where an error would clearly have killed us all in a roll down a cliff.

A few gentle words from a Spanish speaking member of our group to our guide brought back the driver’s speed to a reasonable pace. Really no excuse for such risk, and this should not be tolerated.

Date of experience: April 2018