All reviews quiet neighborhood yogurt walking distance chilli francisco taxi metro airport spanish breakfast
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice stay. Came in at midnight. Taxi was at the airport at midnight. Simple but nice stay. Very good host. Very good breakfast. Very good information about metro walking distance from b&b. Would stay here again. Thank you for your kind advice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I spent my first 3 nights in Chile in this very comfortable hotel. Francisco was a great host, and well known in the neighborhood. Upon arrival, he gave me a brief tour of the neighborhood, pointing out places to eat and drink, the best micro-market, directions to the metro, nearby museums, and the park. He also joined me for a beer one evening at the local brew pub. He speaks great English, and was very patient with my attempts to use my Spanish.

I really enjoyed the quiet neighborhood. It is removed from the tourist areas, but the metro is a very short walk, and it is only 3 stops to downtown. The architecture of the older buildings is interesting, and murals are fun and colorful. There are plenty of great options for food, drinks, and music within blocks.

The old building has been nicely renovated to retain its original character. My room was comfortable. I slept well. I enjoyed the rooftop deck one evening.

Breakfast is tasty and plentiful -- locally made marmalades, yogurt, fresh fruit, toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, good coffee, and eggs.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here.
Francisco is very accomodating, and his small hotel is a hidden gem in a big city.
Lovely breakfast, and the rooftop terrace is nice for relaxation.
The neighbourhood is convenient, as the metro is close by, but if you like it is only a three km walk to plaza de armas.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We stayed with Francisco during our first two nights in Chile and had a wonderful time. He accommodated our early arrival and even took us on a walking tour of the neighborhood. Rooms/common areas are exceptionally well maintained, surrounding area is great, breakfast is hearty and Francisco is a wealth of knowledge. Highly recommend when in Santiago!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Francisco was a wonderful host. His suggestions for "must see and do" were very accurate. He makes a lovely breakfast and coffee was exceptional. The decor was unique and clean. We would stay again and would definitely recommend.
Unfortunately it was very very hot while we stayed in Santiago and even with the excellent fan in our room, it did not cool down our room to a comfortable sleeping temperature. There was nothing Francisco could have done except change the weather.
Only thing I would suggest would be to add a soap or body wash for the shower and perhaps empty the trash daily. Everything else was great. Thank you Fransisco!❤

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple