“A feat of the senses”
Review of Karai by Mitsuharu

Karai by Mitsuharu
Ranked #385 of 5,322 Restaurants in Santiago
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Description: Experience a culinary extravaganza in the most coveted atmosphere. Karai is a spin of the Nikkei Cuisine by the acclaimed Chef Mitsuharu, limitless possibilities, an original mix of flavors, colors and fresh ingredients with a bold twist that will take your senses to a magnetic experience of excess and vibrant sensations.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This was a business lunch that became a culinary odyssey.. The food allied refinement with authenticity, and the servings were a visual pleasure. The young chef is a true talent. I strongly recommend it.

1  Thank G-Apicius
Lola Co C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Karai by Mitsuharu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear G-Apicius! Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are please to know you had a great experience with us. We look forward to see you again at Karai. All the best!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Heard the name of Chef Mitsuharu of Maido, quickly I asked the concierge at Ritz Carlton to make a booking for me. Upon arrival, to be frank I expected more to have a warm and professional welcoming or a a truly five star hospitality, but seems like the person who sit in reception counter that he has a bad day !

We sat down in tiny corner of the table of two but they squeezed to fit for three. One thing I dont like is the lightning of this area which is very pale. In general, the lightning concept in the whole restaurant, bar or hotel is not W that i know. One part too glary, one part to doom, other part to pale.
You can see it later on my dishes images.... its pale as its bad lightning design. to me its a pity as food is not only what it taste, but the taste buda came as well through all five senses, what we hear, see, taste, smell etc.

Food and drink was well recommended by the service team, and they speak english fluently, this is a plus . Howber i dont felt the presence of the manager in this restaurant, even no one from sebior management came to checked how was our food ?

In general your level of service need to be improve big time if you want compete or equivalent to Central, Maido. Coya etc.... i dont feel a class of the big name of Chef Mitsuharu and left with a mediocre memories. You have a big W names and you can do it if you focus !

Giuliana B, Guest Relations Manager at Karai by Mitsuharu, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Cyril W,

First at all, I would like to thank you for your comments. It is always important to receive this kind of feedback, as we always strive to deliver an exceptional service. I will make sure to share it with the Karai Management to take corrective measures and avoid this situations happened again.

In the other hand, I really want to apologize for don´t reach your expectations and we hope to have a new opportunnity to show you how is our real service. If you have plans to return, please don't hesitate to contact me to make a wonderful experience next time.

It will be a pleasure to assist you in a near future and we keep at your total disposal.

Kindest Regards,
Giuliana Biondo.

Giuliana.biondo@whotels.com

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This places has outdone all other peruvian places I have tried in Latin America, including in Peru over the past 7 years. True, this is same chef as renowned Maido in Lima but for unknown reasons (to me) the food experience here is far superior. Top dishes: ceviche with nitrogenized leche de tigre and foie gras nigiri (I don’t remember the names of the other superb dishes, but posted pictures of them). The combination of flavors is an out of body experience. Shared the table with two peruvians who validated my assessment and were as perplexed as I with the experience. You WILL pay top dollar but your palate will never be the same after this. Well done Karai!! Chileans should hurry to this place before it takes over Central as LatAm #1 restaurant and getting a table will become impossible.

Giuliana B, Guest Relations Manager at Karai by Mitsuharu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear SebBarBer,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We are please to know you had such a great experience with us.

We look forward to see you again at Karai.

All the best!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We followed the recomendación: the Nike experience. First was a Piece of tuna full of nerves and bad cutted, they started serving a lot of plates at the same time that did not allow us to taste any dish. The last three dishes (because we ask them to stop as we did not like the food) were three nigiris with egg (codorniz)... I usually like those but three in a row is too much and one had a funny taste. I arrived (stomach) sick at home. And I have not mentioned the service.. Defiantly one of the worst experiences in this Kind of restaurant.

2  Thank socasto
Giuliana B, Guest Relations Manager at Karai by Mitsuharu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I would like to inform you that we are investigating this situation with our staff as we take all of our client's comments very seriously. We offer you an apology for the situation you've described, and I assure you that we will take all the necessary measures to correct what has happended as soon as possible. We want to know more about your experience, we would like to ask you to be so kind to contact us through the email Andres.karp@whotels.com to give us more details of your visit so we can identify where the situation was originated.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We went there for our fist year anniversary. Since we loved Osaka and used to go every single month, I was expecting such a high level restaurant, considering it carries the name of Mitsuharu and also it is located at W Hotel. We ordered a few dishes and were eating as it was being delivered in our table. The waiter kept removing the empty dishes while we were eating, and even worse, kept removing the dishes when we had not finished and never asked us if it was ok to remove it. So annoying!!!! We were there to eat and enjoy the moment. He had no reason for a "rush", since was early, we had our reservation done correctly and the restaurant was empty. After all that, they asked for a tip when paying our bill... unbelievable!

Giuliana B, Guest Relations Manager at Karai by Mitsuharu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear leitmm,

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable insights with us, we are committed to creating great culinary experiences to our visitors, we are honored to be chosen as the place to host your first anniversary, and we are very sad that we did not meet your expectations. We take every comment seriously and will do our research to understand what happened during your visit. Please send us an email to Andres.karp@whotels.com and share with us more details about your experience, as we are committed to providing the best service to our guests.

Kindest Regards,