“Poor experience for a birthday dinner. ”

Spago Dining Room by Wolfgang Puck
Ranked #64 of 13,698 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$100 - US$300
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Located on level 57 of Marina Bay Sands Tower 2, Celebrity Chef Wolfgang Puck's flagship restaurant Spago offers an imaginative and seasonal menu of Californian cuisine with global accents, in a sophisticated and inviting atmosphere. Featuring a fine dining restaurant and an al fresco bar & lounge overlooking Marina Bay Sands' famous infinity pool, Spago boasts a spectacular view of the Singapore city skyline and garden.
Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

My wife and I came for dinner on my birthday. The experience was disappointing:
We were given a sub optimal table that we could only change after we strongly insisted. So our request for a nice table fir the birthday was obviously neglected despite assurance to us and the fact we booked well in advance.
We ordered wine by the glass and it was disappointing how little wine was poured into the glass. There was also quite a discrepancy between how much was served into my wife’s glass and mine pointing to the amateur waitress. Even though I made a more senior waiter aware of this - nothing changed. To the contrary for the next glass what was left in the bottle only filled the glass a tiny bit and a new bottle needed to be opened. To my surprised it was simple poured on top of the little bit that was left from the previous bottle. Again the glass was not filled up to a normal level. Never was I offered to taste the wine.
The meals were good but lacked that bit of extra you would expect from this type of place.
We were charged for 4 set dinners for a 2 person dinner. After 2 weeks the restaurant has still not responded to our request to adjust the bill.
Overall just not up to standards for this kind of place. Untrained waitresses poorly managed. The staff came across as arrogant.

Date of visit: May 2021
Paolo F, General Manager at Spago Dining Room by Wolfgang Puck, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Fritz 101981,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your dining experience at Spago.
We regret to learn about the recent challenges that you experienced during your recent visit.
Please rest assured that we continue to review our service touchpoints to ensure that our guests have
a pleasant dining experience with us.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for a more successful dining
experience.
Best regards,
Paolo Frau
Spago by Wolfgang Puck

Write a reviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 17 May 2021

Great food, friendly staff and good view. It was suppose to be a birthday dinner for my friend and without requesting anything from the restaurant, they actually prepared a birthday card and a 'happy birthday' wording with a candle on our dessert plate. I find this very sweet and my friend is so thrill about this. The food is fantastic, definitely worth the price.

Reviewed 14 May 2021

High quality fine dining meals with surprises from local taste buds infused innovative cuisines. The "laksa" was one of the best I have ever tasted before as a local.

1  Thank chuahweihuan
Reviewed 14 May 2021

I brought my other half here for her birthday dinner, and Spago did not disappoint. We had the Rough Loves on the side, and started with the tomato soup and the kaya toast. The kaya toast foie gras might sound outlandish at first blush, but the ingredients and flavours are combined masterfully and is a treat from start to finish. As main courses we had the iberico pork chop and the seafood tagliatelle, with the patatas bravas at the side. The tagliatelle was tangy and the seafood buttery smooth. The pork chop was flavourful and the meat was a good blend of lean and fatty. Last but definitely not least, the service was impeccable and the staff were attentive and prompt in bringing us anything we asked for. Definitely would recommend and come here again!

Reviewed 13 May 2021 via mobile

Great night out at Spago. Every dish was thoroughly wholesome and delicious, and topped off with great service from the friendly staff. Special shout out to their manager Mr Catalin!