“1st time visit & it was decent dinner”
Review of Spruce

Spruce
Ranked #839 of 13,607 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Bukit Panjang
Description: Tucked away amidst lush landscapes... At the former Bukit Timah Fire Station along the Rail Corridor, Spruce at Fire Station is the casual dining extension of the original restaurant located at Phoenix Park. Retaining its historic structure, Spruce accommodates a serene indoor venue, while their outdoor space exudes a more laid back vibe. From those looking for an unique dining location to larger group gatherings, Spruce caters to anyone and everyone. Cultivated from an understanding of Singaporean’s appreciation of western cuisine and devotion to local fare, Spruce serves a combination of Modern European and local favourites. Come by Spruce at Fire Station to experience what this gem in the west has to offer !
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

My friend has randomly selected Spruce st HillV2 for Sat dinner.
Upon arrival, we were treated warmly.
The restaurant was was packed & we were seated at the inner section. Although we had a corner table next to glass window (which we appreciated very much) , it was way too noisy at the inner section & making hard to have proper conversation.

We ordered
1. Truffles Bearnise Fries
2. Crabby Angel Hair Pasta (crab meat)
3. Green Zucchini Pizza with bacon
4. Truffle Mushroom Risotto
5. Pulled Pork Pappardelle
6. Sassy Chicken

I am always very careful or hesitant ordering risotto as when not cooked properly, it would taste like a bowl of oat!! Surprising it tasted wonderful (one of the few wonderful risotto i had tasted) & we enjoyed it very much.

The sassy chicken was delicious & as good as the popular review we have seen online.

Due to my vegetarian dietary requirement, we had asked for the bacon to be put on 1 side of the pizza. However it could be due to mis-communication , the bacon was served on a separate plate instead.
I am disappointed that the cherry tomato was a garnish on top of the pizza instead of baked together with the cheese & zucchini.

The truffles fries was normal but the dipping source was
special.

My friends have commented the pasta texture was cooked close to perfection (al dente) & the pasta hold the saurce each mouthful.
.... but #2 saurce was a touch too salty.

It was all in all a pleasant dinner with prompt serbicr

Regards
ML LEONG
SINGAPORE

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank MeiLengL
Write a reviewReviews (296)

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Visited the new Spruce cafe / restaurant at HillV2 (not the outlet at the Old Fire Station) on a Friday afternoon.

This is a bright corner cafe on the ground floor with glass window all round and lots of natural light.

Spent a relaxing afternoon with a delightful coffee and a pistachio cake.

Managed to get some work done on the laptop (Note: wifi not provided).

Will return to try the main courses in the menu.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank michaelt238874Y
Reviewed 15 January 2021

I got a fantastic dinner at Spruce HV2. I have a reservation around 7:30pm the staff is attentive, polite and friendly. I recommend miss Jit, she really have a lovely and a enthusiastic personality. I love the food as well. I'll have reservation next time with family.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank allienm2018
Reviewed 25 December 2020

No air con. Not value for money and a lot of the foods were sold out. We were not told either. Only upon making the orders, did we know that the foods were actually sold out. Which are most of the items we wanted to get.

Date of visit: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 19 December 2020

Spruce new outlet located at Hillv2. Went there for dinner. I really enjoyed eating there, ambience environment. Importantly, the food is yummy! I ordered Sassy Chicken Wing & Dessert. Will definitely visit again!

Date of visit: December 2020