1,787 results
All reviews club street boutique hotel rooftop bar ann siang hill tartufo maxwell food centre maxwell road executive room outdoor jacuzzi great boutique shop houses rooms are small chinatown area quiet street bars and restaurants hawker centre bigger room
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Different room have different looks, when I went to my colleague’s room. Very different from other hotels. Would be better if there are windows, must remember to ask for one, or pay a bit more. I think some layout cannot fit a window. No complaint.

Very helpful and friendly staff. We didn’t touristy things, but all the staff was willing to give us suggestions and direction. Drinking and eating places very nearby. Feel very welcomed. Staff Joey and Russell was always smiling and look ready to help.

Will come again next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TheScarletSgTeam, Front Office Manager at The Scarlet Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear vinnoddy,

Gracious greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! Thank you for awarding us with 5 stars and for your endorsement!

You are right to say that no two rooms are exactly the same! We have different theme colours for each room category and five individually-decorated suites. In addition, every room is of a different layout due to the unique building structure. You can try a different room category the next time you are here!

We appreciate your compliments for Joey and Russell. It is certainly gratifying that our personalised service has made your trip memorable.

We hope to see you again on your return trip to Singapore!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

This is my first time oversea trip with my younger sister. At first, I’m so worried how this trip will turn out since I haven’t done any plans before and especially there is not much review about this hotel from travellers in my country. But as soon as I arrived to the hotel, I suddenly know that I made a right decision :) The staffs at the front counter is very kind and friendly. Although English is not my first language, they try to understand and help me as much as they can. For example, they helped me booking for ‘Hai Di Lao’ restaurant so I can just walk-in and enjoyed my dinner. The room is also nice and clean. I left note and request for a new shower gel, the staff had completed my request and reply me back with compliment for my handwriting Lol How sweet they are! Now we already came back to Thailand but my sister keep telling me to bring her back to Singapore again and absolutely she need to stay at this hotel again! Thank you so much for your great service. We impressed a lot! Hope we have a chance to go to the Scarlet Hotel again :))))

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheScarletSgTeam, Front Office Manager at The Scarlet Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear KeiOne1,

Gracious greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! A big thank you for sharing your fantastic stay with us and for your generous compliments and resounding endorsement!

We are glad to hear that our warm hospitality made it a memorable experience for you and your sister. We couldn't be happier to receive your compliments and appreciation.

It is our pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope you'll come back for another unforgettable stay at The Scarlet Singapore.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Fortunately we were only booked in for one night. The room we were given only had a high level window, you would have to be 8ft plus to to see out of it. The patched wallpaper damp patches on the skirting boards and general unkempt appearance left much to be desired.we asked for another room and were offered one on the 1st floor. No problem with this room.
Breakfast 5 out of 10
Reception staff friendly and helpful.
Hotel located in Chinatown.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TheScarletSgTeam, Front Office Manager at The Scarlet Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear AllenS1021,

Gracious greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! Thank you for your taking time to write this review.

We are truly sorry that you had a disappointing experience at The Scarlet Singapore but we thank you for your valuable feedback and observations, which are important to us as we continue to enhance our guests’ experience and uphold our standards. We apologise that the room and its amenities were not in their best condition and we are addressing these issues on an urgent basis.

Please also allow me to share that The Scarlet Singapore was converted from a heritage building (comprising of a combination of 13 shophouses built in 1868 and an 1924 Art Deco building), which has been meticulously restored. As such, our hotel and rooms have unique layouts and configurations, including some with skylight and some with balcony.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back, and hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our personalised Scarlet service to you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

In spite of our room with balcony being very tiny, it was extremely comfortable with quality fittings and linen. The bathroom was large, the plumbing was good and the shower was perfect. Our balcony looked across at a parking station so in hindsight, we would not choose to have a balcony again. Thanks very much for the use of the Handy mobile phone which was great!

Dear Erika V L,

Gracious greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! Thank you for taking time to share with us your Scarlet experience.

We are thrilled to know that you appreciated our hotel character and luxe interior furnishings. The Scarlet Singapore is a boutique hotel in a heritage conservation building (comprising of a combination of 13 shophouses built in 1868 and an 1924 Art Deco building), as such, the layout of each room is unique and individual.

The Handy phone available in our guestrooms offers unlimited international calls to 11 countries (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and United States), unlimited local calls as well as unlimited 3G mobile internet access. We are glad you found it useful during your stay.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We stayed at the scarlet for 3 nights. It is located in Chinatown literally round the corner from Ang Sian Rd which is buzzing on a fri & sat night. Great location to see all the sights. Our room was in the basement, it was very dark and very quiet do we slept well. Staff were very friendly

Room Tip: Get the premium room as they’re much bigger

Dear TREESYP,

Gracious greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are delighted that you loved our excellent location in the heart of Chinatown and the interesting neighbourhood surrounding us. There are just so many places to check out! Ann Siang Hill and Club Street are closed to traffic for Pedestrian Nights every Friday and Saturday nights. It has an amazing atmosphere for dinner and drinks.

Thank you for making The Scarlet Singapore as your accommodation of choice in Singapore – we look forward to seeing you again!