“Simple and delicious Murtabak ”
Review of Zam Zam

Zam Zam
Ranked #147 of 12,212 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampong Glam
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This is our ‘go to’ place for Murtabak.. every time ... simple, fresh and delicious .. street food, prepared to order with friendly service to takeaway or delivoured to your table on the sidewalk opposite the mosque .. all washed down with authentic teh tarik

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing! Busy, bustling restaurant located in heart of area with a literal drive through on main road for locals mutton murtabak is a definite highlight served with curry sauce and cucumber salad - eat with gingers and savour this spicy treat!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Ok so the restaurant has a little of a canteen feel.....so if you want authentic, simple but good service with great food it is the place for you. If you want a silver star feel maybe think again.

Menu dead simple can I suggest try the Teh Garcia a sweet but lovely drink.....to eat try Murtaeak (the dear )is fantastic - a cross between a bread and an omelette.

Three of us ate here for under 20 S$ about £12. Go upstairs for the aircon and embrace the multi cultural feel.

Just round the corner is a mosque that deserves a visit too.....enjoy

1  Thank Duggie1975
Reviewed 22 April 2018

After a leg injury laid me up, this place was my last dining option before heading home. It was well worth the trip! It took me a while to climb the greasy steps, but upstairs boasted ample seating and families finishing up lunch at a leisurely pace. Plenty of waiters were on duty, and all spoke good English. Ours explained efficiently the different menu options (all listed on the wall, with photos!) and brought our drinks out rapidly. One chicken biryani and a beef murtabak shared among three people was sufficient. This place is not fancy but after visiting Chinatown, Little India and Arab Street, I felt I'd completed my tour of the world within one city.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Went here with my local Singaporean friend and he suggested the biryani here.
I have huge love for biryani, so I always manage to eat biryani whenever I'm in Singapore or KL.

I love the mutton biryani. It's so tender, the spices are so tasty, it's a great match with the rice.
I didn't manage to order the murtabak, my friend said that their deer murtabak is like the best.
I don't eat deer though...

I recommend this place to eat biryani.
Place is decent, quite lots of tables and service is pretty fast.
I definitely will go here again.