See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

This is probably the worst hotel in Boracay. It is definitely the farthest hotel in Station One. It is not a beach-front hotel either as we were told by our agent. We occupied 3 rooms. Each room costs P7 thou/night. One bathroom room had an earthworm in the shower. Another bathroom had a toilet that kept flushing for 3 days (not able to fix by maintenance). The food was very average. The front desk clerk was not well trained (as admitted by her supervisor) and was giving us wrong information all the time. When I demanded to talk to the manager, the manager didn't want to come out to talk to me. I have more complaints to tell about our horrendous experience on this hotel but I'm starting to get pissed off just remembering what we went through. Just stay away from this hotel!!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

The following is a letter I wrote to Jessica Teaño, agent of The Palms of Boracay. The place has deteriorated. Some staff members of this Hotel say it is under receivership. The demand letter is self-explanatory.

MS JESSICA TEAÑO

This concerns our two-day booking at D PALMS in Station 1 in Boracay scheduled from December 28 to December 30, 2015.

We reserved a supposed two-bedroom suite and a one bedroom studio for PHP 31,000.00 which we paid you last December 7, 2015 via RCBC Bank as per confirmation code NGT-FIT

We had to move out of the hotel due to the following:

1. The rooms have mosquitoes.

2. The walls and ceilings of the rooms have molds.

3. The refrigerators have spiders and insects.

4. The linens are old and soiled.

5. The rooms have a foul nauseating odor.

6. The beds have bed bugs (surot).

7. The staff, while they apologize for these horrendous concerns, are clearly not trained to serve hotel guests. This is seem from their demeanor.

8. The entire hotel is in a state of disrepair as seen from the cracked walls, chipped tiles and faded paint.

I documented all these terrible concerns in photographs.

I brought my family and my mother, sister and her daughter for a holiday vacation.
My Mother arrived from Texas, USA last December 24 while my Sister and her daughter arrived from Tokyo last December 22.

We booked The Palms Hotel upon your representation that it is a fitting place for a post Christmas vacation. It is supposed to be a place for rest and relaxation. You have been informed about our expectations and you have made a grave misrepresentation. We tried several times to call you on December 28 upon our arrival but to no avail. You never returned out frantic calls.

We had to look for another hotel and thankfully found three available rooms at ASTORIA BORACAY where I was left with no choice but to pay the rooms at a premium ( PHP 60,000).

My family suffered greatly from the experience. Firstly, from the
nausea and ,secondly,from the stress of looking for another hotel. I have been greatly embarrassed by what we went through since my Mother and Sister travelled all the way to the Philippines for the holidays and for the Boracay vacation.

I demand a FULL REFUND of what I paid you and I am giving you until JANUARY 15, 2016.

If you do not refund, I will file civil and criminal cases against you.

I will file a civil case not only for the amount of the refund but as well as for moral, exemplary, and actual damages.

I will file a criminal complaint against you for ESTAFA for the deceit and damage.

Give this matter the attention it deserves. I will sue you if you do not refund.

LMCP

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank luispangulayan
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I spent my 4days and 3nights in this hotel. Since I'm the type of person who normally want to be out of the crowd, I found this place as my temporary haven. They have areas in the hotel where you can sit back, relax and read. Though it isn't located in the beachfront, the pristine sea of Boracay is still accessible only in a 2-minute walk. The Palms gave me their best customer service with their staff attending to every need and requests during my stay in this hotel. Will definitely choose The Palms in my next visit in Boracay. All in all, this hotel made my trip phenomenal.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Belle M
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

This was not at all what we expected, and we are very disappointed. Why?

Very high price 7000P/night and the worst view we ever seen in at a hotel. The entire surrounding is a construction site. Dirty and horrible.

There tree nice things I can say, sweet staff, good breakfast and "good standard" of the rooms. However it was raining at our visit, and we were on the 3rd floor and the roof was leaking water. Not little but LOT! Also in the spotlights with the electricity. This is dangerous. Water and electricity is never a good combo. We told the staff and they did not understand.

Since there was water everywhere it was Easy to slip and hurt yourselfe.

Also the toilet was leaking. They tried to fix it, but without Succsess.

I feel really sorry for the staff to work at a place like this. I will try to get our money back. This was the most expensive staying and the worst :(

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LillaKanin
Reviewed 12 October 2014 via mobile

The Palms in Boracay is located at the more quiet area of Boracat, Station 1. However it is not a beach front hotel (2 minutes walk to the beach) so we had to rent beach beds at another hotel so we can hang out at Station 1 area. Luckily, our visit wasn't during peak season so the resorts at the beach front had spare beds to rent to us.

The hotel is nicely designed but obviously needs some fixing. Our stay took place during rainy days and we are surprised to find the staircase and hallway (4th level) wet from leaks on the ceiling. These are such dangerous hazards. I don't understand why we were assigned on that floor even if the hotel is not booked.

Can't count on the view because it is basically surrounded with other buildings under construction.

The staff are very well mannered, pleasant and friendly. Good service delivery from everyone from Guards, bellboys drivers, reception, housekeepers and restaurant staff.
If it were not for the staff, this would not have gotten my 3 stars.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends