All reviewsjapanese familycowboy cocinajapanese restaurant in the hotelhotel guests getwhite beachseparate toilettwo twin bedswet swimsuitsrooms are very basicup to datecrowded areabit datedfamily roombeach paththe hotel is cleanfree breakfastshell necklace
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Great little hotel and value for money it sits on the beach front on station 1 which i feel is the best location due to it being nice and quite and you can walk into the hustle and bustle if you like.The rooms were basic but clean air con worked great and was quite enough to have it on through the night the beds were comfy and the shower was good with nice warm water at anytime and had a separate toilet.The staff were friendly and the view at breakfast was the sand and blue sea the breakfast was ok omelettes bacon etc or cereal fruit juice and you could always get a cold beer for 60p. overall i would stay here again no problem we stayed for 5 nights and then as a treat moved to the Henann regency in station 2 what a mistake and waste of money that was the hotel was shocking we wished we had stayed put well worth a visit .

Room Tip: there are only 14 rooms in the hotel ours was ground floor near the reception Violet room and was great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dodgeDoncaster
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Receptionist is percect, Massager is good, but bar staff is crazy. My family stayed here 3 days for last Chinese new year holiday season. Each day has at least one miss-order at the restaurant. On Feb. 17th, I ordered Tanuki udon at 5:15 PM and nothing happened. I asked to staff I still didn't got my dishes at 6:00 PM and he said it is still cooking. However nothing happened again. lol. Finally I asked to bar staff to cancel my Tanuki at 6:20 PM and I saw bar staff started to cook at that time. That Tanuki is not traditional and no restaurant in Tokyo let me wait more than 1 hr for Tanuki. So funny.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Samhee L
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Location is ideal if you want to stay in a quiet area. It is very convenient that the hotel have a restaurant and a spa. Lyn at the Yasuragi spa has amazing magical hands. My massage was lovely! Room is spacious, everything you need is provided. A suggestion though is to maybe have extra mirror (only 1 mirror by the sink) for the ladies, maybe by the door so we can check ourselves before we leave the room. I had to climb the bed Everytime to look at myself in the mirror - you'll understand when you get there. I wish they will also be lenient with bath towels. I have long hair and I need 2 towels to dry myself and my hair. I asked nicely for a 3rd towel but they refused (2 for me and 1 for my boyfriend). They might have thought that we are going to use it for the beach as they had beach towels to borrow as long as you leave a 500pesos deposit. I explained to the receptionist that we weren't going to use the towel for the beach as we had our own beach towels but she refused. Sorry but I didn't really feel the one of a kind service the other reviews have stated. I was waiting for that but it didn't happen. 1 exception was Jun who picked us up from the airport to the hotel. We were impressed by his service as he ushered us flawlessly from the van to the boat to the hotel with our 30kg luggage while keeping us informed about the things we see on our way. There is nothing wrong with the hotel though. I do recommend for you to stay here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abstuldanes
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Surfside is a pleasant, well run hotel about three stars by European standards with friendly staff who go out of their way to be helpful. A sign tells you to let the water run for two or three minutes for hot water which seems always to be available. Transfers from Caticlan are charged at six hundred pesos and for that you are accompanied throughout. There is a short walk of no more than fifty yards from the hotel to where vehicles can gain access but your bags are taken care of so this is no hardship. Breakfast is generous. What makes the hotel a really good choice is its location. It is nearly the last building on the beachfront at the Station 3 end of the beach, all the live music and beach parties etc. are a gentle ten minute walk away but the hotel itself is quiet. I can heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: The family room, Skyblue, has a sizeable terrace and lots of room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This is a Japanese run hotel situated on the beachfront at the end of station 3 which is quite a long walk from 1 and 2. However that is compensated by the fact it is quiet. The rooms are very basic, as is the rest of the place, and they really do require bringing up to date, rooms good size, comfortable bed, somewhat lacking in facilities. However the staff are good, restaurant okay, the spa I did not try and the whole place has a laid back atmosphere. Yes it offers value for money so if you want to be away from the crowds this may suit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple