“Pretty Good, Reasonably Priced Vietnamese and Thai Food”
Review of Indochine Bistro

Indochine Bistro
Ranked #76 of 1,361 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Price range: US$2 - US$3
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Welcome to Indochine Bistro. The first and only place in Yogyakarta which serves healthy and tasty food from Vietnam and Thailand with our own fusion touch. With a wide variety of salads, fresh rolls, vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, and also home-made desserts, we offer you a unique experience.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This restaurant is across the street from my apartment, so I have been eating here a few times a week. The location is set back from the street, in a nicely decorated open-air space. They offer a variety of Thai and Vietnamese dishes: pho, bun bo, spring rolls, salads, pad ka pow, some curries, etc. The prices are quite reasonable, and I don't yet know of any other Vietnamese restaurant in Yogya.

One of the first times I went here they were out of beef pho, so I ordered the chicken and it was really disappointing. Totally tasteless (although it photographed well - see my photo!). I was kind of sad, and thought to myself: what kind of dummy comes to Indonesia and orders Vietnamese food anyway? But I gave them another try because it would be nice to have a go-to pho place that I can walk to every day. The second try, they had the beef pho and I am pleased to report it was quite tasty. The broth had a lot of flavor, the meatballs were good, and the quality of the beef and the herbs was also high. I guess that first bowl of chicken pho was just an anomaly. It was also early in the day and they had just opened, so maybe it takes a while for the stock to get going.

The spring rolls and the salads are also pretty good if you are looking for a light, fresh and relatively healthy meal. It's not going to blow your socks off, but if you are looking for Vietnamese food in Yogya I would recommend this shop.

1  Thank JamesGuild

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

First night in Yogyakarta, and we chose to spend it at Indochine. So glad we did!!! Excellent food, prepared in a kitchen where you can watch the chefs meticulously at work. Beautiful presentations!! Super friendly staff. Really hearty, flavourful and delicious meal. The Tom Yum best I've had. And what's a Thai meal without a mango/sticky rice to end on? We will be back!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

This is one of our favourites restaurant.
It has may varieties of healthy food, such tofu rool, tempe roll, chicken roll.
Try also several salads, such as thai beef salads, Vietnam salads.
Pho (Vietname noodle) is also our favourites.
We had dinner in this place at least once a week.
Very recommended healthy restaurant

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Our visit here was overall enjoyable, their selection of rice paper/summer rolls were the highlight. Great flavor and well made and presented. Their ox tail soup was lacking any meat on the bone and also the broth was lacking flavour. Worth visiting to make your own judgement.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Popped in while strolling the streets and was not dissapointed. We found out the rice bowl & sharing plate happy hour made our day during late lunch. The food was hot, delightful, and came relatively quickly and I'd say good value for what you got portion wise. Don't miss the vietnamese coffee drip & lava cake after!