“Great food!”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Been coming back every now and then to Bebek Plengkung and their food never let me down. They have the yummiest vegetable dishes and tasty tender Peking duck....just unexpectedly delicious! One portion never enough for me cause their food are too yummy.
Despite the yummy food, their venue almost looks empty most of the time and I always wonder why cause what they offer in their menu always come out taste great. Maybe because the location is hidden and abit out of the way (just outside south ring road) makes this restaurant out of sight.

If you pottering around in the south of Jogja and look for a place to eat, try Bebek Plengkung!

Reviewed 23 January 2016

When Im craving for a good place to dine with a view and sincere service - I go to this place. Value for money too.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

I am a roast duck hunter and still can't found the best taste in Yogyakarta.

Roast duck in Plengkung is delicious but not too special. Because of the price is expensive for local people, so it will took long time to go there again. But still cheaper and better than the duck k**g.

What i can't forget is the ambiance. Located in the middle of rice field, support by the good lighting and band performance. Very romantic and cozy. The place is not quite difficult to found.

So, maybe I will comeback but not in hurry... Hohoho....

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Having lived in Yogya for 15 months now, I can say I've dined in all Yogya's best restaurants. Bebek Plengkung is in my top 5.

They also have live music.

Reviewed 7 September 2014

Since we discovered this fabulous friendly and delicious restaurant in July this year we keep coming back. Its one of Jogja's best kept secrets and it really does deserve to more widely known. Lets start with the food - its known for its duck which according to my husband is deliciously tender. As a vegetarian I was more than surprised to discover a menu of delicious veggie dishes that are so fresh and tasty even the meat eaters are wanting more. The sizzling tofu is simply fabulous. Then there is the decor and ambience. The outdoor area looks over rice fields with long wooden tables to accommodate groups of varying sizes. If you prefer to sit on cushions on the floor there is plenty of options too. There's also a large indoor area, funky bar and great music. The staff are friendly, prices reasonable and the quality and freshness is unsurpassed. This is unpretentious fresh tasty and dare I say it healthy food. So rare to find something like this in Jogja. And in such a beautiful setting. THey are tucked out of the way just off Jalan Parangtritis and are definitely worth traveling to. Thankfully we are living locally so we can make this place a habit! If you haven't been already make sure you check this place out on out on your visit. Not just for tourists our local Indonesian friends love it too.

1  Thank Joani C