“Very, very bad”

Pondok Cabe
Ranked #528 of 1,442 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Today, me and my husband sat down at Pondok Cabe for a lunch. The outside looked pretty promising, but apparently that doesnt say much about whats inside. I had some pork ribs, my husband chicken with tartar sauce and it was really terrible. We couldn’t even eat it! Especially the chicken was just not eatable, such a strange taste. The drinks (lime squash without sugar) came with a lót of sugar, even though we said it 3 times. Also the toilet is really dirty. Is there anything positive left to say? Well, I liked the mural. Wouldn’t suggest this place.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

So I found worm on lalapan. So, I wonder have they washed the lalapan correctly? Is the lalapan has been washed yet? We tell the waiters, and she just said "mau diganti lalapannya" (want to change the lalapan). Like seriously? Then we asked how is the SOP if there is trouble on your food. Then she disscused with the other staff, and change my order to the new one. But the most dissapointing thing when my friend tell her(the waitress) to be more carefull, the answer is not sincere. Thankyou

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Came here yesterday night after work with my sister because I was craving for traditional fried chicken, sambal, and rice. The waitress actually messed up my order twice. The second time I told her it was still a wrong food she pretended not to hear me and quickly walked away. The food also tasted poor and it didn't look appetizing at all. The rice wasn't even warm. The quality of the food is below similar restaurants such as S.S. I'm not going to eat at Pondok Cabe anymore.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

We went here after about 2.5 hours drive and it already passed lunch (3 pm) so we were starving. Luckily this place doesn't failed us. The service was good (pretty fast), the taste was good, and the price was relatively cheap. We ordered catfish, fried chicken, and oxtail soup (all were package includes rice), and 1 fried chicken without rice, 4 drinks and it cost us only Rp 95.000. Thank God we went here..

Reviewed 9 April 2015

when i get confuse where to eat,i chose pondok cabe because they offer big lunch,quite big restaurant