1,523 results
All reviews oxtail soup jogging track bogor cafe tennis courts sop buntut olympic size swimming pool huge garden children playground great pool national monument five star hotel busy city superior room enjoyed my stay the club lounge special thanks business trip
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We usually pick this hotel when in Jakarta: comfortable, good food and a fantastic pool. Perfect spot to acclimatisize after a long intercontinental flight.
It is not the most recent hotel in town and if you want western-style food and drinks then personnel lacks some knowledge, which is made up by Indonesian smiles
Did I mention the pool and the gardens?

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel Borobudur J, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Hendrik,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Borobudur Jakarta for your accommodation need during your stay in Jakarta!

It becomes our pleasure to welcome you back every time you return to Hotel Borobudur Jakarta. We really appreciate your decision to choose us among hotels in Jakarta, hope you have a pleasant stay with us.

Your comment related to our staff's knowledge regarding western-style food has been personally reviewed, with all concerned from Head of Department. Improvement will be made, thus we will be able to deliver the service and facilities that create a loyal guest.

Once again thank you for your kind support and we wish to get the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The large complex area gives us a lot of options for activities, but the my favorite is the 700-ish meter jogging track and the pool. Jogging track was comfortable, you are literally running inside a big garden. As for the pool, you get an olympic size swimming pool and a small kids pool surrounded by coconut trees. They also have some options for kids activities.
Other comments:
The room is clean and comfortable, old yet very well mantained.
The breakfast is pretty good with various type of food (traditional & western).
Fragrant lobby from the natural flowers spreads the room.
Very helpful staff since our arrival.

Room Tip: The cheapest room type, Superior Room, has a bathtub in it, while some more expensive room types are not.

Dear abdans2018,

We are glad that you had a memorable stay at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of your stay.

Hearing such compliment is definitely become a spirit booster for our staff to deliver the better hospitality service to our valued guests. We're looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit. May you have a good day!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stayed one night during Ramadhan holiday. Hotel Borobudur is one of the oldest five star hotel in the city. The building and hotel complex might be old but it's huge. Car park is also huge, pretty handy for those with cars. Service excellence are shown from the moment you enter the lobby through the check-in process until check-out.

This hotel is located strategically in the center of the city. Its huge complex gives space to huge (and insanely 3.8 m deep) swimming pool, a number of tennis courts, basketball court, and children play area. There's also a smoothly paved jogging track which goes around all those places. I measured it around 0.7 km for one loop. Good for morning walk or run. One negative thing is about the swimming pool towel, it's way too old and looked dirty.

The room is a classic five star hotel room. I can tell there were no redesigning of the room, should be the same as it was many years ago, but it's luxurious and well-maintained nonetheless. Room size is quite huge even for its cheapest class. I really like staying here.

Room Tip: pick the highest room facing Lapangan Banteng
1  Thank fajaradiartha
Hotel Borobudur J, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear fajaradiartha,

Thank you for your sharing here to Tripadvisor readers. It is really appreciated.

We are very delighted to hear that you always enjoy the room and facilities at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta anytime you come back here. Hopefully, in the future you may experience some other facilities that you haven’t tried as well.

Lookoing forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day and very pleasant week ahead!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Over the years I've grown to love more and more old hotels (with updated facilities, and maintained fittings, of course), especially those with history. So I was actually excited when my family told me we were going to spend few nights here.

As a child when I grew up in Jakarta, every week my dad always brought me here for 2 things: putting his suit to laundry, and for the famous oxtail soup. And over 20 years later, we decided to have a mini getaway with the family here at Hotel Borobudur while 'celebrating' my father's 70th.

So we booked 3 rooms (2 under my name, 1 under my brother-in-law's name), and as I called up the reservationist a week prior and asked them if they could do anything to help make the day even more special for my dad, the guy with a flat tone says "Well, we can't do anything cause it's not your birthday. We only give special treatment to the reservation's name", to which I replied: "Surely you see I have 2 reservations under my name, I can't possibly occupy the other room as well?" and the guy still without any empathy just went "No, we can't do that". So obviously my first impression wasn't as positive as I hoped it would be.

As we checked in, I again mentioned this information to the receptionist to see if we could get a card, cake or anything (again my dad is 70. The fact people wish him is amazing for him already), which the guy replied "you could just purchase cake from gourmet"

So I did just that. It wasn't a hassle. But I find it super odd as a hotel to have this kind of attitude. They could even offer something with payment and I will still be happier. This isn't the hotel that provides solution.

The room actually wasn't as outdated as I imagined it would be. Amenities are super old school but it wasn't a big deal. We spent some time at the jogging track, the swimming pool, and Pendopo Lounge which I found pretty decent. Naomi from Gourmet was exceptionally nice and very friendly.

Breakfast was a complete disaster, food was bland, tasteless, and very messy and the Cafe couldn't cater for the amount of people coming for breakfast. We were told to wait but some people could just walk in and sit right away on a brand new table. It was completely disorganized.

So this hotel has such a beautiful space and facilities. Most of the staff that I've encountered there are quite friendly. However, I do not find the hotel service 5* enough or having the initiative to go the extra mile, which is what 5* is all about.

1  Thank Aromanika
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

It was my second time staying at this hotel. A hotel with its own jogging track, spacious greenery and olimpic size swimming pool attratcs many families to stay on the holiday. The bed is comfortable, and staffs are friendly. However, improvement should be done at the breakfast menu. It needs more varieties.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family