“Great hospitality, wonderful 1st time experience in Tibet”
Review of I-tibet travel

I-tibet travel
Ranked #16 of 41 Outdoor Activities in Lhasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: i Tibet travel and tours service is a Tibetan travel agency based in Lhasa, offering Travel service private and package tours, latest Tibet travel information
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I engaged I-tibet travel as our local guide for a 6-day-tour to Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.

Needless to say, we were satisfied with the informative tour provided. However, that wasn't the case that warrant for an excellent rating as I am sure many guides would be able to do the same.

What set them apart was the great hospitality as though a good travelling companion rather than just a tour guide. Furthermore, the subtility of knowing when to give my wife and I our little moment alone to enjoy the majestic scenary of Tibet was a nice touch.

2  Thank Kai En L
Woeber, Owner at I-tibet travel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review and we are really very happy to hear you had a great time in Tibet.

thank you so much for all the wonderfull gifts.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I did an eight-days tour from Lhasa to the Mount Everest Base Camp in August 2017. Thanks to the Team of I-Tibet travel it was an amazing experience.

I booked my trip quite late but Tenzin helped me a lot and made it still possible for me to get my permit in time.

When i arrived in Lhasa i was picked up and warmly welcomed by my future guide and driver. Than me and my group spent the first three days for acclimatization in Lhasa where we visited several old tibetan Monasteries - i think one of them was over 1300 Years old! - and the Potala Palace. The rest of the time we just walked through Lhasa, bought some souvenirs and tasted delicious yak meat and cheese. I was particularly impressed by the knowledge of our Guide. I learned a lot about tibetan religion, culture and history. After the initial three days in Lhasa we went to Shigatse and than to the Mount Everest Base Camp. I took many extremely beautiful pictures. I still remember the night sky over the Base Camp - I never saw such a clear and marvelous night sky. It was a breathtaking journey.

Tenzin and his Team were very experienced and helped us to have a nice and smooth trip.
Due to a mistake with the booking of my flight i had to stay in Lhasa for one additional day, which can because of the day limit of the Tibet permit potentially lead to many serious problems in Tibet. However, Tenzin helped me to extend my Tibet permit (which is normally not even possible) for free and further organized a hotel room and guide for one day.
If you're looking for an amazing trip on the roof of the world with an experienced, caring and reliable tibetan traveling agency i can strongly recommend you I-Tibet Travel.

Woeber, Owner at I-tibet travel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you so much for your review and we are very happy to learn that you had a good time in Tibet.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My friends and I did a two-week tour with i-Tibet in august 2017. Tenzin, Tseten and team went above and beyond to make it the amazing experience it was - very grateful to you all!

Everything was super well-organised – from obtaining our Tibet permits to the numerous other permits/authorisations/stamps etc required for travelling around Tibet by train and visiting the historic sites. This was not made easier by our ever-changing demands e.g. that we have a dog and/or goat with us throughout our trek - but Tenzin worked extra hard to make it happen! (Please say hello to little K’too from us when you see him!)

The tour was also well-structured to allow us to acclimatise to the altitude as best as possible. We first spent several days in Lhasa, also seeing Gyantse and Shigatse before doing an incredible trek from Ganden monastery to Samye (together with our team of awesome yaks and yak men). Tseten’s guided tours were brilliant - both Tseten and Tenzin are hugely knowledgeable about Tibet’s history and every day offered fascinating insights into the life and culture of this amazing place.
The team is very experienced and professional which is so important for a problem-free tour in Tibet…we’re extremely lucky to have found Tenzin et al. and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting to visit. Thanks go out to our excellent driver and the coolest cook known to man! They also offer very good value for money vs other providers, and most importantly are trustworthy and totally honest.
My quick tips: Listen to Tenzin’s advice re carrying lots of copies of your Tibet permit – you will need to give a copy away at every train station even if travelling internally! Take your Diamox if you’re trekking, and drink all of the salty tea (inc yak butter tea..) you’re offered at high altitude, it really helps with the altitude sickness!

Woeber, Manager at I-tibet travel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I really appreciate your kind word, and Congratulations for successfully completing 4 Days trekking from Ganden to Samye monastery.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

it was a pleasant tour with iTibet travel. I've learned a great deal of Tibetan history and culture from our tour guide Dolka, she is patient and helpful. The tour is flexible with a group that likes to take lots of photos. Driver is experienced and knows the road conditions very well. Hotels are clean. All visas, permits, and tickets are being taken care of, no additional charges are required; esp. with the Potala Palace tickets during peak season. (my friends went 2 weeks before us lining up at 3am still didn't get the tickets...). I will recommend iTibet travel without reservation.

Woeber, Manager at I-tibet travel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

thank you for your kind review. it is our responsible to make sure the tour thougth with very low inconveinent for my clients. I understand Some of your friend are little unlucky to go to line up from 3am in the morning and still not getting the potala ticket. We always do the best to provide the best

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I would like to say thankful to itibettravel to arrange a fantastic journey to us with 5 persons! During the whole journey, we don't have to worry about everything especially the potala palace ticket, train ticket to Lhasa and the local entry permits, all are well prepared by the local agent; of course, it's also a luxury and relaxing trip, we all are enjoying the local food and accommodation as well as the clearly explanation of the local guide! I think I will definitely introduce this travel agent to my friend !

Woeber, Owner at I-tibet travel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. it is our pleasure to learn that you really had a great time in Lhasa. we are really working hard to give the best of the best for your clients.