TASHI CHOETA BOUTIQUE HOTEL(Lhasa)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$178
US$151
US$145
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfortable basefood served at the restaurantst regisfell sickpleasure of stayingwestern touristswestern choicessimple thingsbreakfast and dinnerstandard roomyogurtnice courtyardday tourlarge roomnon smoking roomold citytibetan food
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is a rather pleasant hotel. The room we had was spacious and good. The second time we stayed here during our visit to Tibet, the view from the room was a rubbish dump. It would have been better if they had dispensed with the windows as the small area appeared to be used as a dumping ground for timber etc. The restaurant was good, with a varied selection of dishes, both Western and Chinese. Breakfast was also good. The prices are on the expensive side but then most of the food has to be imported. The girl who ran the restaurant, a native of Quilin, was exceptionally efficient, pleasant, and pretty, increasing our enjoyment of the hotel. One thing to remember when checking in is to be patient with the receptionists. Your passport is scanned and photocopied before it is returned, which seems a bit over the top but they are just following instructions. The attitude of the staff is good, wanting to help, although at times it does not seem to be the case. Expect to spend some time in the small reception area if a large number of people are checking in!! I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and I would return to it if I even make it back to Tibet.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms in the block closest to the restaurant. The room itself is up to standard but the view is depressing and sad.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Most staff were courteous and very nice, however, one of the hotel check-in staff ruined our travel experience and our experience with Sheraton. He made the check-in process extremely difficult and confusing. Our tour group had initially booked Sheraton on 3 separate occasions, with two beds in one room, however, upon checking in the second time at Sheraton, we were told that we only booked a king bed, which was false as clearly the travel agency made sure that the booking was for two beds in one room on our 3 occasions. It makes no sense too, as our first stay had two beds, our second stay doesn’t and the third one does. Then he told us it was not possible to have 2 separate beds, so we compromised and decided that the one bed idea was okay, despite the discomfort. He said that it was possible to go with the king bed for one night then the second night, we could change to 2 separate bed rooms. Two minutes later, he said that our booking was only for one night and denied admitting that he said our booking was for two nights initially (2 minutes ago). After another 2 minutes he told us we had not made a booking at all and that no rooms were available for us (including that one king bed room). I am not sure if this was due to technical difficulties or difficulties with comprehending human language, I have never seen a hotel staff act so out of professionalism, denying what he said a few minutes ago. He rolled his eyes at us and acted pissed off at us, and displayed his anger through shouting at a colleague “Can’t you see I am busy?!” and threw a piece of paper angrily on the floor. I am not sure if this is the standard of service I am expected to expect at Sheraton. In addition, we were initially told that all meals consumed at the restaurant were 30% off for those staying at the hotel. However, once again staff have denied this. Although 30% off isn’t really much and I do not mind paying that little extra, I am just unhappy about the lack of consistency displayed from hotel staff, and a bit uncomfortable about whether or not to trust the words of this hotel’s staff, due to their frequent contradictory statements, and not admitting to what they have said previously. After this stay, I've lost confidence in Starwood group.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jyz20
Management response:Responded 3 July 2017

Dear Jyz20,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at The St. Regis Lhasa during your last visit to Lhasa.

We have received your comments from TripAdvisor you completed further to your stay and I was most disturbed to learn of your unpleasant experience during check-in. Firstly I would like to apologies for the inflexibility and attitude of our front desk staff and I have share your comments with our Director of Rooms to emphasize to all our staff in their ongoing training. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated as it greatly assists us in our continuous strives for maintaining of high standards.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. It is our aim to provide consistently warm and friendly service to our guest like your good self, and I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The St. Regis Lhasa in the near future.

Alan Jin

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Honestly is a three and a half star hotel. Away from comfort, awful breakfasts and bad food in general. Friendly staff but in restaurant don't expect the will chew ANY of english. I can not understand how SGP don't train them in BASIC words. I was no intention in get involved in philosophy discussions but at least: hot, cold, ice, tea???? Last day I had to go to front desk to tell waitress that I wanted a green tea. In my next life I'll pay whatever they asked in St Regis assuming at least I'll be in 5 star hotel. I know is Tibet not NYC but not the standard

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2017

Dear Fcortina,

We have received your comments from TripAdvisor you completed further to your stay and I was most disturbed to learn of your unpleasant experience on breakfast experiences and our associates lack of English ability. I would like to apologies for the inflexibility and improve our breakfast quality & variety. Meanwhile, I will emphasize to HR department on training all our associates in terms of English ability. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated as it greatly assists us in our continuous strives for maintaining of high standards.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time and I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The St. Regis Lhasa in the near future.

Alan Jin

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights before heading to Shigatse. Although the lobby is very small with hardly much place to put our luggages (there are 7 of us) but our room is rather spacious and personally I do not mind the plain white walls in the room because Tibet is such a colourful place and it is a good neutral palette for us to have a good rest at night.

The buffet breakfast which came with the room is decent with very adequate range to choose from. My favourite would be the red dates yogurt which honestly taste fabulous.

We can easily walked to the old city which is about 15 minutes walk. There are a lot of food choices around the hotel too.

Overall, we find the hotel to be adequate to stay in.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Rather characterless, our large room was nevertheless a very comfortable base for exploring Lhasa. The buffet breakfast was included with a very comprehensive choice. The buffet dinner was excellent value with a two for one offer. A good base.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple