All reviews old city rooftop terrace tibetan style hot water jokhang temple sister hotel no elevator hotel entrance the main street tibetan experience surrounding mountains the ground floor enjoyable stay style hotel min walk barkhor street heater
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed here for 6nights and it was great. Hotel itself was very authentic tibetan with all the traditional decorations of old tibetan style. Location is also good. you can see all the old town and market near here, and Jokang Monastry and Bakor Streets are in 15mins walk. Staffs were all very kind and they helped us a lot for everything we need. Especially i would like to thank to Tenzin, one of the manager at this hotel (he is also a perfect tour conductor) for his heartful guide and advice. Thanks to him, we could enjoy every moments in tibet, like all the touristic spots and also normal tibetan people's houses. I would like to recommend this hotel to everyone who planning to go to Lhasa, Tibet.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The hotel is very well located in the old town of Lhasa. I love the decoration and the rooftop. If you want to have a Tibetan feel, please stay at this hotel. The staff is very kind and always there to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Judith S
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The hotel is a real tibetian hotel in Tibetian style. I felt like I'm staying in a palace. The staff speaks good English. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the old city, within a walking distance from Jokhang temple. There is a roof terrace with a nice view of Potala palace. I liked the hotel so much that I chose to stay there even though there were renovations of the next building. My travel agent tried to move me several times but I refused because the hotel and the staff are perfect!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The hotel is an exceptional place. The hotel has character not like the life-less concrete hotels in the Chinese part of Lhasa. If you want to experience Tibet you might consider this place in the old town.
The staff is fantastic. If you have a problem – let them know and they solve it (e.g. the bed was too hard for us so we told them and they made us the “best Tibetan bed” ).
It is also a short walking distance to Jokhang temple. Restaurants are also in walking distance. The free wi-fi works very good in the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great location, in the Tibetian quarter, we could just walk to the local sights and soak in the local culture and experience Tibetian way of life. Rooms were adequate, I would ask for more than one room heater in the winter. Communication in English with the receptionist was sometimes a little tricky, and bathrooms could do with better ventilation. Breakfast was basic but enough. Cereal, Toast and eggs made anyway you wanted. Some local dishes too.
I would stay here again for the cultural experience.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple