Review Highlights

Reviewed 30 January 2017
DavinC
Brisbane, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2017

The title is true to form, Steve guided us on a pleasant and informative walk only 4 bus stops away from the busy Kowloon district. The WW2 bunker system is fascinating and in unbelievably good condition. And of course there were plenty of monkeys, which for an Australian is a bit of a novelty. No shortage of family groups to keep you amused as you hike through the Kan Shan Country Park.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank N100WXpeters
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We booked this tour through an online agency. I wish I had known about these guys before as I would have booked a couple of things with them.

We did a half day hike with Steve in Kam Shan Country Park. Steve was great told us all about the trails and the military remains (the Gin Line) at the top of the ridge. We walked about 10km of the MacLehose Trail. It is staggering that this huge trail is inside the urban sprawl of Kowloon.

Steve gauged the pace really well, he made it feel like we were being a little challenged - which was an advantage of being the only two people in the hike. If we come by to HKG in the future we'll be booking another hike through this company.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank DavinC
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Hong Kong Hikers' guides know the ins and outs of every trail in Hong Kong. I have done all the hikes they offer. They are beautiful! Not to hike in Hong Kong is not to see the country for all it is. It is not just a concrete jungle. If you have the energy to get on the trails, do it with these guys and tell the rest of the world how beautiful it is. Someone described Hong Kong to me by saying "It is like someone threw Manhattan into Hawaii". So true.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016

A great 6 hour walk with Steve and Rob along a couple of stages of the Maclehose (and a few detours which few people know I guess). There were six of us with different fitness levels and Steve and Rob managed to make the walk comfortable for all six of us. My only regret is the Sai Kung beers and ribs at the end of the walk which negated all the hard work! Looking forward to the next walk.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Steve and Rob did an excellent job leading our hike out in Sai Kung. They know all the paths that aren't readily advertised. They made sure our group had plenty of fluids and proper hiking shoes before we did our difficult hike. They are willing to plan the hike according to your skill. We wanted a difficult hike and that's what we got! It was great. We saw some beautiful waterfalls. Another hike we did was up a steep mountain and then ended up at the beach, so cool. The restaurant we ended up at was delicious (don't remember the name.) And they make it very clear on how to get to the hiking meeting place.

Date of experience: March 2016