“A good place to stay”

Tai Wah Boutique Hostel
Ranked #226 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Though located in Mirador Mansion, this hostel is neat right from the hostel entrance, to the reception until its rooms and bathroom. I booked through Agoda and they respond to all of my questions. The room was just right for 2 persons but nothing beats its cleanliness and modern interiors.

Reception and staff
-Hostel Manager (not sure) is a Filipina as well as the staff I saw. So I am sure rooms are well cleaned.

-stayed in room 805 a room with windows. i have low expectations but I was really surprise that the room is above average compare to other hostels in Mirador. My friends in other hostel and i can say this one is way better.
-they are using key card
-has hair blower
-aircon and water heater is working well
-tv with cable
-fast wifi
-with daily house keeping, we have clean sheets and towels everyday :)
-clean bathroom, has glassdoor separating the shower
-with tissue, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste
-they provide power adaptors. They use uk standard power plugs

-they dont have water dispenser. They just provide water in a pitcher and a hot water in a kettle.

But all in all i would love to go back here whenever im in hong kong. I still give perfect score because it was just a minor issue for me that they lack water dispenser. I recommend this hostel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights in the month of July (2017). For the price I paid, I found this accommodation reasonable. Mirador Mansion might be daunting (but is definitely better than Chungking Mansion) at the oustide or at the ground floor but the hallway and the lift is just alright. Not too crowded during the morning and evening. The room I booked is the double room with city view (not really a city view because you'll just see the windows of the adjacent building when you open the curtain) which is relatively small but just perfect for me and my sister. AC was okay, TV- no English channels (I really dont care-I like watching local shows when I'm abroad), the bed wasn't too comfortable with only two pillows but was just fine for us. New towels per day . Heater in the shower was good for me I think when it's a colder season. Imelda, the receptionist who was also from the Philippines , was very accommodating and friendly. She even gave us discount when we bought our Disney tickets from the hostel. Overall- 4.5/5

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian M
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The room was small but it was perfect for a couple and really cosy. The people there were friendly and they clean the room and towels everyday. Perfect place to stay if you are visiting Hong Kong for more than 5 days. There is a 7-11 and the mtr is directly below the hostel. Good location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melody L
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We said here for 4 nights. The room is very small, but apparently most places in HK are small, in fact smaller. The room was cheap by HK standards, clean, bed was really hard though, there was hot water though which was nice. This is not in HK island but the subway is very close and easy to navigate. We had a little trouble finding the exact location but once we did it was all good. I would recommend staying here if you are trying to keep cost down but know it is not in HK proper so you may have to travel a little to get to some places.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I can say that this hostel has exceeded my expectations. Although the room was small which is normal in Hong Kong, it was just enough for us. We were two in the room. The room was clean. Rooms are being cleaned every day and towels are also changed evert day. The staff which are Filipinos are also very nice and accommodating. I will still stau in this hostel next time. Plus, the location was perfect.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends