“Add this to your list of must-do food adventures in Hong Kong - NOW!!”

Kai Kai Dessert (Jordan)
Ranked #2 of 482 Dessert in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Travelling for us is very much about enjoying the local food experiences, and to go out for dessert with friends is the equivalent of going to the pub for a beer - or so a local told us.
This (solely) dessert joint was around the corner from our accommodation and always had a queue - it's also mentioned in the Michelin Guide, so we just had to try it out!
I ordered the ginger soup with glutinous rice dumplings with black sesame filling - absolutely delicious but also very unusual to the untrained palate! My husband had the black seseame with almond soup. There are menus in english available, but we didn't see any other Western faces there.
You must definitely try it for yourself!!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Travelers to Hong Kong may find it strange that places selling desserts only can survive and thrive. This is part of the Hong Kong food culture and is helped by high density. Among the many that I have tried over the years, Kai Kai has to be the best. The menu is very comprehensive and traditional. While the food is not super cheap, the food is extremely well made. Last time I went, the most impressive item was the steamed egg. Consistency is important for this item, and they nailed it perfectly. I think Michelin gets it right this time, as Michelin is not as reliable in Hong Kong.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

super like their tong yun. thin layer of skin with fragrant black sesame in extraordinary hot ginger soup mix with a little of sweet potato tong sui that make it outstanding.

had it 2 nite in a row during my 3 nites stay. super good~

1  Thank cabydee
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Although that's the first time to write the review of this place, I actually go there at least twice a month, or even more frequent. As a local HK citizen, I highly recommend visitors to go and try their dessert

Just a 5-minute walk from the Jordan MTR station exit A. Close to Temple street as well. Open from 12pm until 3am everyday. Good choice when u wanna have dessert at late night

My favourite is the Bearncurd and Ginkgo sweet soup (HK$19), offered both cold one and hot one, but I love the cold one more really delicious!!!!!!

My mum likes the ginger soup with sweet rice dumplings with black sesame filling (HK$19) . It is also a great choice.

Fabulous place for enjoying sweet soups with very reasonable prices with family and friends! Remember to visit when u come to HK

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Red bean paste, green bean paste etc...
all super local just like your mom cooked it.
their chilled desserts are not ice added to dilute them.
its cooked just like the warm ones but chilled to cool them.
VERY VERY authentic.