“Decent and cozy dining”
Review of Imasa

Imasa
Reserve with OpenTable
Imasa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 11,820 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Imasa offers a Japanese culinary adventure for sushi and sashimi lovers and a welcome dining experience for Japanese food aficionados. Served with meticulous attention to detail and fresh ingredients imported daily, the staff is as adept at guiding the novice through the traditional yet contemporary menu as meeting and exceeding the expectations of the sophisticated and experienced diner.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Its the first time I had my dinner in Imasa Japanese Restaurant in Pennisula Hotel, and yet it comes with the temperament of Pennisula, decent, cozy and comfy. The table arrangement did not make you feel squeezing and instead a very comfortable dining environment, though some tables were celebrating birthday or private party, stil managed well. For the food, the variety was not that rich I would say, but the quality of food was very nice. I love the crab leg, urchin was kind of fresh, sashimi and salad, yummy and the unbeatable crab and fish congee. For the handroll and main course, it will not disappoint you anyway. For such kind of semi-buffet, I would not expect much for the dessert, but amazingly, the cakes were so good and the scoop of yuzu sorbet will bring you wonderful experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Excellent buffet. High quality of food, diversity and a lot of choices for dessert. An extra Happy Birthday cake for my husband.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

On August 20th we arrived at the restaurant & warmly greeted by Kit who welcomes us with a friendly smile. We were personally escorted to the table by Kenneth. This is one of our favorite Japanese restaurant in Hong Kong. Kenneth & his team have rendered impeccable services during our meals. The food were delicious & well presented in a very traditional format. The red bean ice cream was yummy. We definitely will come back again if we ever crave for Japanese cuisine. One thing that I was appalled & dismay that the male washroom next to the restaurant , the male attendant who has not met the basic requirement of the Peninsula group. I have visited twice to the male washroom during my meal from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. He didn't greet the customers nor offering any services i.e. turning up the faucet , offering the tissue paper to dry up the hands nor assisting to open the door for the customers upon departure. He should be well-trained of the above etiquettes. Otherwise it would jeopardize the image of the Peninsula group. Nevertheless we enjoyed the food & impeccable services in Imasa. Thank you & will come back soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The best Japanese food I've eaten! Fresh sashimi, delicious grilled fish and nice Japanese beef etc. Thanks to Jack, the manager of Isama, and his wonderful team members, let us experienced the perfect anniversary dinner with excellent service.

3  Thank monicalielo
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I love the Peninsula and we usually go to Gaddi’s & Felix. But I have been wanting to try Imasa for ages. Finally did. And although it is not a fancy setting, the food is Amazing and the Service is the Best we have ever experienced. Thank You all so much!