“Best dinner ever!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Admiralty
Description: Perched high above the city with breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour, the Michelin-starred Restaurant Petrus epitomizes the highest standard of excellence in French cuisine. The restaurant includes a wine cellar that features one of the most extensive wine lists in Asia.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went there to celebrate Christmas. We were amazed by the quality of the food, the dishes are very sophisticated and tasty. Chef Ricardo Chaneton executes perfect French cooking, adding his own personal touch and combination of flavours to present you dishes you’ve never had before!

IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food and Beverage at Petrus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Slebrize,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm pleased to hear you had much enjoyed the Christmas dinner at Restaurant Petrus. I will pass on your compliments to Chef Chaneton and am sure he will be delighted. It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to welcome you back to dine with us again in the near future.

Executive Assistance Manager - Food & Beverage

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing experience, memorable lunch !
A contrast between a very classic, elegant setting and a stunning modern yet product-orientated cuisine.
Brilliant mastering of the cooking precision, seasoning, temperature... and inventive on top of that.
One memory : a subtle tasting of on-site grown aromatic herbs, plants and flowers in their most natural state, simply enhanced with a superb olive oil... great emotions.
Chef Chaneton and the service staff are definitely motivated to explain the story and the thought process whenever you want to know more.
Beautiful wine pairings from an impressive wine list.
We will most definitely be back if our trips take us to HK again.

Dear xrrichard,

Thank you for visiting Restaurant Petrus. We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic dining experience and you were impressed by dishes prepared by Chef Chaneton and his team, as well as the wine pairings. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Was celebrating my girlfriend birthday there in Sep 2017.

Overall service experience was very nice. Decoration and interior design of the restaurant are kind of old for me, however, its Shangri-La style.

Breads before meals were delicious and full of varieties.

Tried pasta (forgot which one) was nice and enough for a main course.

Overall pricing was reasonable and worth to go again.

IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager – Food and Beverage at Petrus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear WilliamC_WC,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable dining experience at Restaurant Petrus. We look forward to welcoming you back for another celebration soon.

Executive Assistant Manager – Food and Beverage

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Had a wonderful time, food was fantastic, the service was faultless and the wine pairing was a perfect match. Thanks again.

IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food and Beverage at Petrus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Benjamin P,

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to hear that you had a fabulous dining experience at Restaurant Petrus We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My wife and I have been visiting Petrus on average once or twice a months for the past couple of years. I am a French, my wife is Cantonese. We generally go for dinner, although we also go with friends visiting us from overseas, I also go by myself for lunch from time to time.

We have been to most classy French restaurants in HK (and Singapore) and Petrus has been our favorite choice, for the following reasons. These reasons are not sorted in any particular order, just as they come to mind.

1- Petrus is very quiet, and is the perfect place for relaxing and forgetting the crowd of HK. The view is also hard to beat.
2. the staff is extremely well trained. Courteous and well mannered.
3. the menu keeps rotating every couple of months so we don't get bored.
4. chef Ricardo is a true master and the dishes are always interesting. Also, the quantities are "just right". At least for us. We can have a 3 courses menu and have our belly filled just right.
5. We have a 12 year old daughter and Ricardo is always happy to accommodate a simple dish for her.
6. Head Sommelier Yohann Jousselin is a top notch Master Sommelier with a wealth of knowledge/experience. The wine list is extremely extensive.
7. Yohann is organizing special dinners at regular intervals. Wine events. From a specific region, or from a specific chateau. These are generally hosted by a speaker with intimate knowledge of the event. We have joined 6 or 7 of these events and they have always been magnificent. We are often seated at the table with the host and can ask questions, which is also both entertaining and informative.

These are just general comments, not specific to a single event as we are going there every couple of weeks.

There is something I'd like to see back to Petrus: a live music player. We used to have a pianist then harpist in the past. I think this is was a good idea. Especially the harp actually.

Petrus is a complete experience of food, drinks, staff and atmosphere.

The pictures I post in this review are from Christmas 2017' dinner.

IslandShangri-La, Executive Assistant Manager - Food and Beverage at Petrus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear JeanHelly,

It gives me great pleasure reading your delightful experience at Restaurant Petrus and would like to thank you for your continued support. I am very glad to hear that we are able to exceed your expectations every time you dine with us, and that our team has provided you an exceptional dining experience. I am sure that Chef Ricardo, Yohann and the Petrus team will be very glad to see your compliments. We look forward to the pleasure of having you back!