“Cute dim sum ”

Price range: US$13 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I don't need to queue to get in.. it's located near lung Shing dispensary. The buns are very cute and they are delicious. The price is quite pricey. 3 of us ended up with a 670 HKD bill. But the service is good and the waiters and waitress are friendly.

For me, just one experience is enough.. will visit other more traditional dim sum the next time.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

The food tastes great here and the presentation is awesome, however, it is all let down by the waiting staff who have a terrible attitude and seem incompetent. They got our order mixed up with the next table's, so we kept getting the wrong food, and some items that we had ordered did not arrive at all! It was a very disappointing visit, you'd expect better for the premium you pay here.

1  Thank Theocurrie
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Overpriced for the gimmick factor. 3 custard buns are 49HKD, 3 roast pork buns are 49HKD, Sieuw Mai are 59HKD. You can see where I'm going with this.

Although a nice setting and restaurant 60% full, the service was abysmal. Complete mixup of orders with the table next to us and when we thought it was sorted, it wasn't and the mixup happened again. No real sincerity in the resolution. After the second mixup of multiple dishes, we waited about 40 minutes for the rest of our dishes to arrive, by this point, we had been there well over an hour.

Sort it out. Can't recommend. You have been warned. Not competent and left feeling hungry after spending a small fortune.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I had seen Yum Cha's dim sum on Instagram and immediately set to booking a table for our trip. I love whimsy, and their pig-shaped pork buns, bird-shaped pineapple puffs and custard buns seemed to fit the bill.
Unfortunately, I was slightly disappointed... my pork buns did not look quite as good as the pictures and the service felt rushed and a little unpolished. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high...
We found much better food and service elsewhere in Hong Kong (for example, Social Place in Central for whimsical dim sum and Dim Dim Sum in Hung Hom for good value and delicious dim sum).

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a nice, westernised dim sum restaurant. Worth visiting for super cute, instagram friendly dim sum BUT if you are after the taste and not the looks, this place is far outrun by others in taste category. Price is also higher than other dim sum restaurants, but you would be paying for the novelty factor if anything. Service is also pretty average.

Been to YUM CHA (Tsimshatsui)? Share your experiences!