“Do you miss Italian food in Hong Kong?”

Gia Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #805 of 12,187 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$115
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: Gia Trattoria: Already a legend Original, rustic and casual, Gia Trattoria will continue serving Giando’s signature thin and crispy pizzas and of course also uses only the freshest ingredients flown directly from Italy.
Reviewed 14 November 2018

The menu offers a wide variety of dishes. As started I had Octopus Salad, as main course Risotto with Mushroom, both delicious, same as in Italy. They were followed by a superb Tiramisu for dessert. I had a pleasant dining experience with food of the most exquisite flavours and for the good service. For this reasons I highly recommend going to GIA' restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Came here for a birthday dinner. We were treated to glasses of prosecco as we sat down. Our table had an excellent view of Hong Kong harbour.
Our waiter was a little aggressive in suggesting that our choices of starters and mains would be too much food for us, but service was otherwise very good.
The Bucatini Amatriciana and Ossobuco were both delicious.
Would certainly recommend for a romantic dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018

This restaurant is one of my usual dining spot in hk and it was one of the very few italian restaurants in hk which serve authentic italian (i.e. roman style pizza, cook with italian tomatoes and etc.)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Definitely one of the most authentic Italian restaurant in Hong Kong w great view.
Focus on ingredients with friendly service.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

There were 6 of us so we were able to order a 3 appetizers, 2 pizzas, 2 pasta and one main entree.

The beef carpaccio, octopus/squid salad and beef tripe were all good and worth trying. Quite generous portions as well.

The thin crust pizzas were what you would expect out of a decent Italian place. I did fine the pizza w salami a bit salty given generous topping. The pastas were flavorful.

The pleasant was the sirloin steak!! I am all for ribeye and almost never go for sirloin. The waiter high recommend it so we ordered it. Wow, the sirloin tasted meaty and juicy. It was marbled and turned out quite tender as well. Definitely the best dish of the night.

Tip: the Italian grocery downstairs is a hidden gem and worth stopping by. Fresh imported Italian tomatoes come in varieties. The cold cut and cheese station offers a great section as well. I bought some cold cuts and they patiently sliced them paper thin. All at 2/3 of Citysuper prices. Also bought a bottle of Amaro Montenegro (not many places carry it). Will buy the Angus sirloin steak.

Pls note 10% off if you dine at the restaurant. I didn’t know and I bought groceries before dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank vivtsang

Been to Gia Trattoria Italiana? Share your experiences!