“Great place for Italian ”

Gia Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #805 of 12,187 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$115
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: Gia Trattoria: Already a legend Original, rustic and casual, Gia Trattoria will continue serving Giando’s signature thin and crispy pizzas and of course also uses only the freshest ingredients flown directly from Italy.
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch set, lunch set is good value . It has beautiful sea view. Some dish is good eg tomato mozzarella , melon with ham are good . Pasta is a bit disappointed . Desert is good too but the price is around $25 usd . So no complain at all. Especially it offer good view and great service !
Recommand to try but skip pasta kind of dish great value with nice view

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Wanderful discover!
Nice wines, nice staff, charming and amazing chef.. right place to have a real traditional italian meal in hk!
See you soon guys!
Bravo Chef Omar!
Meat tar tare was awesome!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

If you want a reasonable brunch, Gia Trattoria is a nice choice. I have to say that the pasta dishes I've had from the brunch menu have not been the best, but the antipasto bar makes up for the main dishes. I've had the Gnocchi, rigatoni, squid ink seafood pasta (which was a special in May) and the codfish (which was also a special). The cod and vegetables were amazing! Not Italian according to my friend from Milan, but so yummy! I have gone to this brunch twice with Italian friends and they share my issues with the pasta dishes, many people seem to happily eat them, so to each his own.

Really, who cares about the pasta when you are overwhelmed with a plethora of olives, cheeses, cold cuts and salads that are more than enough to leave you feeling very full!

The decor is horrible and so is the view, but get a bottle of prosecco, eat your parma and melon and enjoy.

Also, there are many children here during brunch, they are cute and restaurant is extremely accommodating to families which is nice. I don't have children, but I do not mind them at Gia. There is also a lovely Italian grocery store located in the basement. I suggest poking your head to have a look, I'm sure you'll be tempted to buy some groceries for your dinner.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner last week. Good service, good view and good food. We had the calamari which was perfectly done. We had the chicken as recommended which did not disappoint us.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent quality food, service and price. Simple as that. The wine selection is also very well priced. A group of 10 tried a full combination and we could not fault a single dish.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Gia Trattoria Italiana? Share your experiences!