“Reasonable price in HK, food quality depends on luck”

Macau Restaurant (Tsim Sha Tsui)
Ranked #1,313 of 11,118 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I have been there a few times, it's a good place for friends to hangouts. Summary:

- Price: Fine in HK. I usually spend about HKD80 including drink.
- Food: Depends. The curry beef is excellent, but pork chop with rice is sometimes a bit too dry, seems overcooked. Rice with gravy or toast with cheese is alright.
- Portion: Satisfying for a big eater.
- Serving time: Fast
- Service: Depends on the waitress, sometimes you don't feel like you're welcomed.
- Menu: Very clear

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Good Food, I think it's delicious than at Macau.
Service is good, they can explain what the menu is. (I cant read Chinese L.)
Toast is recommended dish for me.

Thank P.U. J
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The restaurant is always very busy which gives a clue to the popularity of the food. While I have read reviews about rude staff, that was not our experience - they are extremely busy. The food was tasty and we ate there for a lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve walked passed this place many times throughout our many visits to HK and usually there’s a throng of people waiting to be seated for a table.

Tonight the line up seems to be absent though the place is still pack but we’re able to be seated as soon as we walked in. Because My wife and I don’t see my brother in-law that often we let him choose the dishes. He picked the typical chicken, cheung fan noodles and yau choi (vegetables) they were all good but really unique as being Portuguese.

In any case the food paired well with our San Mig beer.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Went to their branch in Shun Tak Centre and had a quick lunch. Food is quite OK with very extensive menu covering many famous and common HK and Macau dishes. Prices are reasonable but essentially this is a fast food style place so in many ways a pity since one could enjoy a nice meal with friends and family....